Is It Ok To Keep A Amazon Puffer With Two Pygmy Puffers

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LA*

Moved On
Reaction score
Is it ok to keep a Amazon puffer with two pygmy puffer

The tank I have is 34 gallons well planted and also a lot of open space for swimming

The pygmy puffers I have,don't fin nip at all and are doing well in my community tank ( I have had the pygmy puffers for 2 years)

Will they be good company for the amazon puffer ?

If not what fish will be ok with a amazon puffer I would of got more amazon puffers but they only had the one left?

Thanks

Your local store may have ran out of stock of Amazon Puffers, but there are other shops that will have them, for instance online stores that offer a courier service like Kesgrave Tropicals...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMAZON-PUFFER-FISH-Colomesus-asellus-FRESHWATER-Brazilian-Puffer-/281282097470?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item417db8313e

http://www.trimar.co.uk/ have them listed at £6.99, but sometimes their stock list online falls behind real time

The best company for an Amazon Puffer is more Amazon Puffers, as I wrote in your thread in the emergencies section, they are very social with their own kind. It is hard to say what would happen if you moved the Pygmy Puffers over, but you can safely say that if aggression break out, they will do well to escape with their lives... If the Pygmies are doing well in your community, don't push the boat out and risk the move.

What are the dimensions of this 34 gallon tank? Hopefully 120cm long, as these puffers are active and love a strong current, but they will need stimulation to prevent "pacing" by having ~50% of the tank extremely densely furnished with plants/ornaments from the surface to the tank floor.

Have you got your head round the periodic beak clipping yet, after very carefully sedating them with clove oil? This beak issue is what has kept me away from buying a group of ~6 of these for the best part of four years, I'm bad enough trying to help trim the nails of our guinea pig group!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back