Is It Mean

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver, Canada
Im very eager to set up a Species Only tank filled with all the types of barbs my LFS has. Odessas , Black Rubys, Tigers, Rosy, and Cherrys. Everything about these fish appeals to me and I can't get enough of them after I got my Odessas last night.

The problem is the tank has a few other fish such as Tetras, Pencilfish, Harlequins , 2 baby BN and a single young Platy.

I'm wanting to take back all but the BNs but I feel kinda bad getting rid of my fish like that and putting them in empty stressful tanks at the LFS.

What does everyone think of returning healthy fish that you've had for a while.....
 
I couldn't do it but that's just me.
is it possible to buy another new tank for the other fish you want.
 
i dont think its bad, and if there lovely and healty , chances are they`ll find a good home in no time, i recently had to rehome my oscars to move house broke my heart but i know they are all being well looked after,and it didnt take me long to start over..chin up :)
 
Not all fish get good homes. Alot of new customers who havent got a clue what they are doing. If the lfs is good it would make me feel abit better.
 
I couldn't do it but that's just me.
is it possible to buy another new tank for the other fish you want.


I've been asking for another new tank for a while now but my family says "NO" even though I have the cash. I should of NEVER sold my 65G last December :( :( :(

I have this 33G I want to turn into the Barb only tank then I have a 5G betta and a 6G betta. One idea I had was dividing the 5G and putting both bettas in there then put the 6 pencilfish, 4 black phantoms, 3 harlequins in the 6 gallon eclipse.

I dont think that would work as I'd be over stocking the 6 gallon and my bettas would be loosing alot of space :(

But you're right, I dont think I could get rid of my fish either. They are loved pets just like cats and dogs and I would NEVER do that to my cat or dog :)
 
I wouldn't move the fish the 6 gal not big enough.
Do you know any fish keepers around your area who would take the fish off your hands.
Could always advertise them in a local news paper so you are in control who buys them off you. So you can make sure there going to a good home.
Or sell them on this site.
 
I wouldn't move the fish the 6 gal not big enough.
Do you know any fish keepers around your area who would take the fish off your hands.
Could always advertise them in a local news paper so you are in control who buys them off you. So you can make sure there going to a good home.
Or sell them on this site.


Thats a good idea. We have a busy local forum called bcaquaria here that I could post them on under the classifieds.

The thing is most people on there have large cichlids and monster fish and since I would be advertising them for free(not looking for money, just a good home) im wary of them being used as feeders.

Something to think about nonetheless.

Thank Wilder :)
 
Make sure the person not going to use them for feeding to other fish.
You have more control who gets them if you rehome them yourself.
Good Luck.
 
Make sure the person not going to use them for feeding to other fish.
You have more control who gets them if you rehome them yourself.
Good Luck.

thanks ahahah

Still trying to deterime how I would filter out the people who would use them as feeders. They could say they wont but then of course still do it....
 

Most reactions

Back
Top