Spannaz
New Member
Having had a tropicla tank for some time now, i have gone a step further and got a 400 litre one. Now compared to my current 125 Roma this is going to be some step up, however I don't plan on making any big changes or adding different fis, maybe just more of what i currently have. However, does having a bigger tank result in bigger filtration problems etc.
I see alot of units listed with UV filters and the likes, but my current 125 performs fine with just a heater, and the supplied Fluval 3 filter and nothing much more. I am curious to know if going to a bigger tanks means i have to increase the amount of time and effort into filtering. Obviosuly the new tank comes with an external filter (new to that area) and suitable lighting, but just wondered what peoples thoughts are on a tank of this size. It going to be stocked with mollies, neons, tetras, and some peppered corys, a couple of gouramis and lots and lots of golden sand and plants! oh maybe i'll spoil them with some rock and wood too! lol
I see alot of units listed with UV filters and the likes, but my current 125 performs fine with just a heater, and the supplied Fluval 3 filter and nothing much more. I am curious to know if going to a bigger tanks means i have to increase the amount of time and effort into filtering. Obviosuly the new tank comes with an external filter (new to that area) and suitable lighting, but just wondered what peoples thoughts are on a tank of this size. It going to be stocked with mollies, neons, tetras, and some peppered corys, a couple of gouramis and lots and lots of golden sand and plants! oh maybe i'll spoil them with some rock and wood too! lol







