Is anyone else seeing this popup?

Essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
But there shouldn't be a pop-up for downloading something appearing on top of that.

OP
JennySolano

JennySolano

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This is how the forum works. I took a screenshot to show the popup which occurred when the Ignored poster was on screen. I did not not notice it until said individual called attention to it. I would greatly prefer if the forum allowed blocks like Twitter. The poster can’t see my content & I never see theirs. Much better system IMO.

PS. The popup is gone! Yay! Wonder if it’s for a dating site? If any of those popup should be Plenty of Fish.

Essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, I mean that it doesn't matter what the post underneath was, there shouldn't be that pop up appearing (the one saying to download match_redirect) anywhere in the forum.

But not being computer savvy, I have no idea how it got there :unsure:

OP
JennySolano

JennySolano

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well it certainly appeared many times or I am experiencing visual hallucinations at TFF & only at TFF. Gone after methods I previously detailed. Yay!

Rocky998

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Thanks. Very odd it appears only here. Safari has built-ins & this shouldn‘t be happening.
It almost looks like it's directly from something on your tablet and not the website or browser. I know what a apple pop up looks like and thats what it looks like. Do you have anything called match as an app?

Rocky998

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Match is a dating app... (I know cause ive seen adds on TV) so its a little weird that it popped up on here.
Nope, never heard of Match. Think popup unique to TFF. Never appeared elsewhere. Gone from here after typical measure: deleted history (cookies) and did hard reboot.
Rarely see popups on Safari.

Most reactions