Is 3-weeks enough to quarantine fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Christoffer

Reaction score
So my 5 Panda Corys has been quarantined in 3-weeks is it safe for me to put them in my main tank? they all look healthy

In my main tank I lost 4 of my guppys, I think you was off overfeeding, but now there is only two guppys and one Catfish Dwarf suckers, I am worried about if the bacteria will die out if I don't put more fish in what do you guys think about it?

I think 3 weeks is plenty. I usually do it for 2. Just hope there’s no illness in the main tank.

Thanks for the answer I think their swim bladder got sick because I Feeded them too much
After Feeded them nothing then peas one of them survive off the 5th there was sick.
Also I have one guppy that was totally normal all the time, and the Catfish Dwarf suckers also is totally healthy. if you was parasites wooden all of them have died?

I took the video off the one that was sick and now is more healthy, but it's still like not that active and still a bit bloated but light does not tilt up all the time as it was 1 weeks ago.

good to know I feed them flake food
You really should look into getting some frozen food. (Worms, shrimp, etc) or some like food, like brine shrimp. It’s not recommended to feed them flakes, as they are omnivores. :)

Pelleted food is better for them then flake food.

I agree. They make a lot of good food out there, here’s a few:

I agree. They make a lot of good food out there, here’s a few:
I swear by New Life Spectrum. They make it for tropical, bettas, goldfish, cichlids, and more. Each is a specific diet for that breed. Also Rapeshy gel food is great.

Do my one guppy look healthy? I'm still a bit worried that it's still constipated, how long should I wait to feed him?

Any possibility of uploading a picture of said guppie? My WiFi is so bad I can’t view your video. :)

Is the swimming what you are concerned about? I don’t see anything else. He looks normal to me.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back