Iphone Query- It's A Bizarre One

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My dad has called upon me for technical help. He's just got an iPhone 4S (I have the 3GS). Basically, with all of his other previous phones before he upgraded, whenever he had a call/text/notification of some sort, a light/led would light up on the phone to notify him instead of having to check his phone. When you get a text/call I know it stays on a little pop-up on the screen but is lit up for only a few seconds or when the iPhone is unlocked, and my dad wants to be able to know whether he's had any texts etc when he wakes up, for example. Sounds weird but this is one feature he really can't get along with.

I know the iPhone hasn't got any LED's built in apart from the flash. He believes there must be some app somewhere that could light up the screen/control the flash to notify him. I'm not sure.

Can anybody shed any light on this? :shifty:

Im sure it must be a setting to say turn on backlight when theres a notification (ie. calls, texts, emails)

Hi Carp. I might be a bit late but...

Two ways of doing this,

1. Settings > General > Accessibility > Switch 'LED Flash For Alerts' from Off to On. this uses the camera flash.
2. There is an App called 'FlashEnhancer' for iPhones that have been subject to a 'Jailbreak' which does exactly that.

Hope this helps :good:

James.

Most reactions

Back