Introduction Post

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

biofish

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hello! I frequently go by the nickname Fish, even before I got pet fish three months ago or so.

I’ve had a bit of an interesting aquarium experience. It started when I found a 1.5 gallon tank and all the necessary parts being sold for $1 at a garage sale. I got it just to try it out. My very first round of was three guppies: Sauce, Penny, and Divine and an Albino Cory Cat. I had a couple small plants and a Hobbit house which took up the majority of the bottom.

at that time, I had NO idea how aggressive guppies were in small groups. So I was confused as I found Penny’s corpse on the floor of my room and then a few weeks later Divine starved because Sauce was harassing him.

The problem solved itself when i bought a ten gallon tank and bought 5 more guppies. And since then, I’ve just loved getting and watching fish.

I have an overstocked tank, but my water quality is still excellent and my fish all get along, bullying is a nonissue. I change my water 20% every Saturday and vacuum the gravel. I feed my fish once a day 5 days a week, skipping Wednesday and Saturday.

My fish tank holds the following:
8 guppies, all male: Sauce, Tangerine, Sponge, Sushi, Sunny, Nick, Anakin, Tiger Lily
3 glo zebra danio: Lavender, Taffy, Sharpie
3 otocinclus: Fleck, Speck, and Shrapnel
1 Albino Cory Cat: Al
1 pleco: Waldo
1 assassin snail: Crunch

I found it fascinating that my fish formed friend groups. Sunny and Nick group together and sometimes swim together with Sponge (these three are my yellow based guppies). Unfortunately, Sause’s friend, Nards, passed away yesterday, which is a real shame because the two were obsessed with each other. Always booping each other gently and swimming around each other. Sauce has been looking a bit lost today but he seems to be lingering around Sushi now (Sushi and Nards look a lot alike). The three glo fish typically stick together but Lavender likes to chase the guppies around. Fleck and Speck always are seen side by side while Shrapnel goes from having some alone time or sticking right by them. Al and Waldo love to snuggle with each other in my log. It’s disgustingly adorable.

Attachments

• 088AEF1A-6DD8-48F7-81A0-613719CAAB16.jpeg
    088AEF1A-6DD8-48F7-81A0-613719CAAB16.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 8446B8BC-1BA0-43FD-8D54-A9942804B725.jpeg
    8446B8BC-1BA0-43FD-8D54-A9942804B725.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
how cute! maybe you could get a 29 gallon tank and like 4 more cory cats. you may or may not know that cory catfish like to school. it’s super cool watching them all swim around together.

Ohhhh I didn’t know Cory’s liked to school. I will definitely look into getting a bigger tank to give Al some friends. Al is my favorite and most entertaining fish (he’s always so chill and finding funny places to rest. He eats directly from my hands. And sometimes he sticks his face completely in the gravel so his body is just sticking up and it’s the most amusing thing ever. Hope he gets whatever scrap of food he’s trying for), so it would be nice to have four more of them.

Ohhhh I didn’t know Cory’s liked to school. I will definitely look into getting a bigger tank to give Al some friends. Al is my favorite and most entertaining fish (he’s always so chill and finding funny places to rest. He eats directly from my hands. And sometimes he sticks his face completely in the gravel so his body is just sticking up and it’s the most amusing thing ever. Hope he gets whatever scrap of food he’s trying for), so it would be nice to have four more of them.
yes they are adorable to watch. look up a video of a cory school. they are so cute.

Well. I ended up taking your advice. I got a steal deal on a 29 gallon tank about a week ago and just bought three more Cory cats today lolololol. I’m currently isolating then just in case but I’ll post a picture when I introduce my og Cory to them!

I honestly don’t know. I just realized the other day just how big the common pleco got and now I’m cursing that the pet store recommended me to but two algae eaters now that get insanely huge. I returned the first one (a golden algae eater rip) so I’ll probably end up returning my pleco.
I’ve been getting a few harsh lessons in fish knowledge these last couple weeks. And even though it absolutely sucks right now I know it’ll help me learn for the future.

You should always research fishes before buying them and never to listen to advice from pet store they just want to make money

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back