Introducing Javier

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

brittgs

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My 5.5 gallon tank seemed stable (temp 80 degrees, pH 6.6, ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and nitrates 5) so I went to my not-so-LFS and found lots of Bettas.  They all seemed more lively then the ones in the chain stores and more responsive when I picked up the cups to examine them.  Put some of the cups near each other to see if they flared.  Narrowed it down to a few and this little guy kept looking at me so I picked him.

His name is Javier.  After I floated him in the tank for a half hour or so, I put him in the tank.  He immediately hid in the back but after a while came out to explore all the nooks and crannies in the tank.  He comes up to the top of the tank when I come close and I have fed him one Hikari betta pellet.  However as soon as I put my phone next to the tank to take a photo, he took off.  I hope that I will be able to get some better pics soon.

Javier.jpg

j2.jpg

j1.jpg

He is very cool love the blue color mine was almost the same :)

Thanks RR.  I like how he has a dark face and gets lighter towards his tail.  I need to get photos in better light to show him off.

I can't wait to see better photos as he already looks quite lovely! :wub: I really like crowntails. Hope you enjoy him!

Thanks Nin. I've liked the crowntails since I started looking at Bettas.

He will be a handsome Crown Prince! Nice! Love the cave you have in the there!

Javier seems to like the cave too, AquaPit. He has been in and out of it, checking it out. He seems quite active.

Lovely fish ! Yesterday I too went to my LFS and saw beautiful bettas. When I upgrade to bigger tank, my current 30 L is going to house a betta :)

Lovely boy, similar to my latest :)

Thank you.  Bettas are hard to resist!

Most reactions

trending

Back