Intro

Eliza J

Reaction score
I have 5 active tanks. Iā€™ve done aquariums most of my 57 years of life. They allow me a creative outlet and give me great relaxation. Mine are planted tanks, and the plants to me, are close to being as important as my fish and shrimp.

I have multiple cichlids Nicaraguan ā€œMacawā€ cichlids being my newest learning curve. I bought 5 juveniles not knowing what they were, pet store had labeled as curviceps (which I knew was wrong) and I did a search and suspected but confirmed once home. But I bought 5 young males! Iā€™ve rehomed the biggest 2 right away as they were doing damage.

I raise shrimp, and Assassin snails to sell and trade, and Iā€™m active in our local aquarium club society. Iā€™ve successfully raised several species of fry from Aspidoras Raimundi to Rusty cichlids, Brichardi cichlids, Crimson spotted Rainbow fish, and now I have blue polar parrotfish fry. None of these breedings was on purpose.

Thanks, Elizabeth Jackson

I have 5 active tanks. Iā€™ve done aquariums most of my 57 years of life. They allow me a creative outlet and give me great relaxation. Mine are planted tanks, and the plants to me, are close to being as important as my fish and shrimp.

I have multiple cichlids Nicaraguan ā€œMacawā€ cichlids being my newest learning curve. I bought 5 juveniles not knowing what they were, pet store had labeled as curviceps (which I knew was wrong) and I did a search and suspected but confirmed once home. But I bought 5 young males! Iā€™ve rehomed the biggest 2 right away as they were doing damage.

I raise shrimp, and Assassin snails to sell and trade, and Iā€™m active in our local aquarium club society. Iā€™ve successfully raised several species of fry from Aspidoras Raimundi to Rusty cichlids, Brichardi cichlids, Crimson spotted Rainbow fish, and now I have blue polar parrotfish fry. None of these breedings was on purpose.

Thanks, Elizabeth Jackson

Wow! Welcome to the forum! :) I hope you stick around, it's always good to have members with so much experience who can share what they've learned!

Think you and @Wills will get along well, he's our African/South American cichlids guy, with a soft spot for Nicaraguans! He had an absolutely stunning female, and is now setting up several tanks, including his dream tank for Nicaraguans, and this journal thread is a lovely read!

This forum tends to lean very pro-planted tank, for all the benefits they provide, and there are some beautiful tanks, @Fishmanic runs friendly competitions every month for people to enter their tanks. It's only in fun, and it's lovely to see the variety and talent some have! Hope you enjoy being here, love having new members, whether they're lifelong fish keepers, or brand new to the hobby. :fish:

Last edited:
welcome
Our next Fish of the Month contest will feature Cichlids. Hope you enter one of your Cichlids in the contest. Entry period starts around December 10th.

Welcome to TFF, Elza... :hi:
I'm also a longterm aquarist and about the same age. Always nice to welcome another longterm aquarist... šŸ‘

Most reactions

Back