Interpet Test Kit

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sandersj89

Reaction score
Hi again

Yesterday I managed to buy a Interpet Test kit covering Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite and pH. Now either I am being extremely stupid, (very possible I hear you cry), or the instructuction booklet does not actually explain how to use the kit.

There are 4 testing tubes and 4 packets of “pills”. The pills are marked for each test. So far so good. The booklet goes into why you should test for each and what to do if the levels are array but it does not tell me how to do the test!!!!!!

Do I use one pill and 10ml or 20ml water?
Once crushed and dissolved do I shake the tube?
How long do I leave the tube before comparing against the colour chart?

One test, I think it was ammonia, has two pills required for each test, do they go in at the same time or separately, if so how long between each pill.

I have phoned interpet and they will be sending out instructions but could take upto 10 days!

Thanks

Jerry

Hello

I have a single test kit from interpet for nitrate but it has full instructions on how to use it and for all the other test you have mentioned.

heres what it says

Ammonia fill 5ml add pill 1 and pill 2 shake till disolved then colour match

Nitrite and nitrate fill 10ml add number 1 pill and shake till disolved, then add number two pill shake for 60secs then stand for five mins and colour match

Ph fill to 10ml just bung it in and shake 15secs then colour match

hope this helps

James (get testing and shaking)

As Jimboid says it all no further comment needed expect the instructions probably fell out of the box. Try take it back to the lfs.

Quick update, I called Interpet yesterday at about 4pm and explained the situation, they promised to pop a leaflet into the post and it arrived this morning. Hats off to them for service.

Jerry

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back