Interpet River Reef 50

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rambo

Reaction score
hiya,

i got an interpet river reef 50 and set it up last weekend, and just wondering if anyone else has one?

trying to find a protein skimmer for it, atm i'v bought a TMC v2 nano, spec to 120 litres, so fine for the 94 litre (unfilled) tank

however, my current problem is that the water level is too high and the skimmer cup gets flooded and is therefore useless

can anyone suggest a way to either stop the cup getting flooded if it is below the water line, or else tell me if i put a pump for up to 2000litres in place of one of the current 550 litre ones it'll suck the water through so fast that the water level in the back compartments will be kept artificially low enough for me to install the nano skimmer?

otherwise can anyone suggest a similar one?

as far as i can tell, its set up along the same lines as the orca and D&D tanks, but becuase of the fans in the hood, i can't cut it to fit in a protein skimmer

any help would be great, thanx

hi mate,
try looking up the tunze nano skimmer.this could mayby fit!
but i am in the same boat as you because i have this tank and wish to install a skimmer.
If you were to drop the water level to the min line would this solve this?.
i thinking if it worked i could run a black border around the top of the tank to cover the low water line and still have it looking ok.
what do you think?

if anyone finds this thread concerning the v2 nano skimmer fitting in the river reef tank.
i can confirm it does fit!
but you will have to extend the air intake on the skimmer and drop the tank level down to the min level.
but works a treat!

Hello,

I have just got an Interpet 50 and have set it up (new to all this).
I got the v2 skimmer also.
Can you tell me which compartment you put it into and also, can the water level at the back be made lower than the front (like in the D&D nanos that I've seen postings about)

Many thanks,

Jim.

hiya,

i got an interpet river reef 50 and set it up last weekend, and just wondering if anyone else has one?

trying to find a protein skimmer for it, atm i'v bought a TMC v2 nano, spec to 120 litres, so fine for the 94 litre (unfilled) tank

however, my current problem is that the water level is too high and the skimmer cup gets flooded and is therefore useless

can anyone suggest a way to either stop the cup getting flooded if it is below the water line, or else tell me if i put a pump for up to 2000litres in place of one of the current 550 litre ones it'll suck the water through so fast that the water level in the back compartments will be kept artificially low enough for me to install the nano skimmer?

as far as i can tell, its set up along the same lines as the orca and D&D tanks, but becuase of the fans in the hood, i can't cut it to fit in a protein skimmer

Hi, i bought the river/reef 50 and had the same problem(water level in filter was too high for V2 skimmer to work).
What i did was block the bottom and middle inlets, just cut some rigid plasic and cover the inlets, then with another piece of plastic partially cover the top comb, use the plastic on the comb to slide up and down to regulate the amount of water flowing down the inlet. the water pressure keeps the plastic in place.

The problem is too much water getting into the filter.

Hope this works for you.

Hello,

I have just got an Interpet 50 and have set it up (new to all this).
I got the v2 skimmer also.
Can you tell me which compartment you put it into and also, can the water level at the back be made lower than the front (like in the D&D nanos that I've seen postings about)

Many thanks,

Jim.
:hi:

hi new to marine scene just bought a river reef system three weeks ago.
just fitted a v2 skim 400 fitted external on the back of tank slight hood modifaction but does the job :good:
hiya,

hi all,i have the river reef 60 doe's anyone know which cabinet i need,cheers.

:hi: Patch to TFF and the salty side - many people decide to either make their own or buy something other than the brand one - they are often not that sturdy.

What are your plans?

Seffie x

ps how about starting a journel?

:hi: Patch to TFF and the salty side - many people decide to either make their own or buy something other than the brand one - they are often not that sturdy.

What are your plans?

Seffie xps

how about starting a journel?
actually I've had it given to me by a cousin so i know nothing about keeping an aquarium, just reading some literature i have downloaded from the net. it is going to stand in a corner so need a nice looking stand what do you recommend,cheers, ps, thanks for the welcome its a great forum

thanks for the welcome its a great forum

It is indeed, so that everyone can watch your progress and you have a record of your journey make yourself a new thread in the journal section, more people will read it there :good:

When you have done the thread ask the guys what sort of stand they would recommned :good:

You must be very excited, remember the planning stage is really important and can be great fun, don't skimp on it and race ahead, ask loads of questions

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back