Internal sump design

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of it but there is a type of home made filter like this where you silicone in a strip of plastic or glass on the back and the left side about 3 inches from the corner then take a strip of coarse foam about 1-2 inches thick which bends and fits between the plastic pillars then behind the foam you can put bio media and set it up as an air driven filter system.

Wills

I can't remember the name of it but there is a type of home made filter like this where you silicone in a strip of plastic or glass on the back and the left side about 3 inches from the corner then take a strip of coarse foam about 1-2 inches thick which bends and fits between the plastic pillars then behind the foam you can put bio media and set it up as an air driven filter system.

Wills
Hamburg matten filter?

I'm not really a fan of air driven filter though. I don't want to add more air pump.

Hamburg matten filter?

I'm not really a fan of air driven filter though. I don't want to add more air pump.
Thats the one, you could probably do the same with a powerhead - thats essentially what the Juwel filters are just a powerhead on top of loads of foam and bio balls?

Wills

I have unused 5 gallon tank and I wanted to try design the internal sump for it
(Pandemic made me bored. I wanted to do some diy project.)
I want my design to be on the side of the tank (like Fluval Spec 5 https://www.google.co.th/search?q=f...HSLoAIIQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=1024&bih=662&dpr=2)
Can anyone give me an info on sump buffles length or any design tips?
Not me, but I have a 20 G sump below my 90 G drilled tank. Whole setup homemade. We broke a pipe connector during transport & when googling around for parts & repairs I did see similar homemade designs. The saltwater fish shop in town had the correct part & it was a simple repair.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back