Internal Filter Problem.

LolaLouie

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 3, 2007
Messages
792
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London
I have a small internal filter running on my 30 litre QT/Hospital tank. Right now there are 4 Dwarf Frogs, 1 L168 Pleco, 10 cherry shrimp and 2 Amano shrimp (and MTS) in the tank. When I wake up in the mornings the filter has stopped flowing. I clean the media out and it trickles water out at about half the power it should.

Does this mean I need new media (the filter is only a month old)? Or is the filter broken?

I'm doing daily water changes at the moment.. not good having an overstocked tank with no filtration :/

Thanks :good:
 
Did you clean the impellor, also did you put the impellor back in the filter properly.
You don't need new sponges but you can add to much sponge so it taking long for the water to run through.,
 
I didn't take anything apart, it is only a small filter so I don't think you can take it apart too much. I'm gona try taking otu some sponge and see what it does!

Thanks!

Yup.. took the carbon out and it's flowing much better now! Thanks Wilder!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top