Interesting Fish For A Small Tank.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Luketendo

BLENNY :O
Reaction score
My friend may be interested in starting up fishkeeping. But he wants some interesting fish.

The only problem is that the tank is only 60L, does anyone have any ideas on what interesting fish he could get.

Dwarf puffers have tons of personality. What kind of fish does he want (catfish, puffers, etc)?

Ryan

It depends entirely on what your friend thinks of as interesting fish. Does he mean oddballs? Predators? Or just something with a bit of personality?

If he's thinking community fish, there's a few to choose from. Khuulie loaches look like snakes, he might like those. Sparkling gouramis have great characters and are very inquisitive feisty little fish. Black phantom tetras add interest with their courtship display. Peacock gobies are nice. Shrimps are always great fun to watch. Corydoras are always active, but I suppose he might find those too cute.

Breedon's suggestion of crabs might be just the thing, if he's not looking for a community setup.

And a 60 ltr would be ideal for a setup of shelldwelling cichlids. That should be interesting enough for anyone, they have great character.

Or, as also suggested, he could set up a small group of dwarf puffers (I am assuming that he can get mature filter media from you). He'll need to do his homework though.

pengs, common plecs, arowanas, and oscars, lol
i would go with a pair of kribs because i :wub: love :wub: kribs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back