Intake On Canister Filter Not Working?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

lindabrooke

Reaction score
After being out of town for 3 days, I came back to about half my tanks water (65 gallons) all over my living room floor. I took it in to a pet shop and they said it's something with my fan, others said it was a loose valve/o-ring/hose. I took it completely apart tonight, tightened everything, etc. I tried to set it back up, and the intake isn't working. I have a Cascade 1000 that is about 10 months old. Never had any issues before. The fan doesn't seem to be able to do a complete circle when I look at it, it mostly seems like it vibrates/shakes and does a 1/4 circle or 1/2 circle. I would love advice/suggestions on how to fix this problem!

By fan would you mean impeller? Maybe try getting a new one, because that would be my guess too... im not sure.

AshleyNZ said:
By fan would you mean impeller? Maybe try getting a new one, because that would be my guess too... im not sure.
Haha yes sorry! I'm so used to saying the fan on my computer can be a pain sometimes. I will definitely look in to getting a new one, thank you.

Edit: Also curious to see if anyone could pinpoint what part of the filter caused me to lose half my water?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back