FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Parasaurolophus

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 5 platies 3 males and 2 females, I did ask the store for all females
but they didn't listen so anyway I have a white mickey mouse male
a orangey male with green specks a red wag female
and two orange wags with brown patches male and female.

The two orange wags are obsessed with eachother
the male doesn't mate with her they just always swim around together
and not with any other of the platies, the white male
often chases the male orange wag away from the female but she often
follows the male and they are genuinely inseparable, since the female is heavily pregnant
today I have put her in the breeder trap but even now they can't stay away from eachother the
orange wag male is pacing up and down the sides of the breeder container and so is she
the other platies are going about their usual business of swimming around and occasionally
chasing eachother, is there any particular reason why this pair are so close?

I definitely know what you mean. I have a very pregnant female mixed breed platy (actually I think she will be dropping tonight or tomorrow). Anyways, I can completely tell who the poppa is because he swims with her, protects her and doesn't let my bleeding heart anywhere near her. I put her in a breeding trap tonight and all he does is watch her. She doesn't seem that interested in him though (she's very stuck up), lol. Anyways, I don't think there is anything wrong with it, but I defintely think it is a good thing to have and I highly doubt it happens very often. Don't worry about it is what I have to say.

Platies are very social fish, i have 8 in my main tank and they travel about in pairs or trios all the time and there all males

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back