In Terms Of Acclimation...

jourdy288

Sorry, can't help spammin, it's the OCD! Hey there
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
2,140
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Behind a little bubbling cave.
I'm getting a leaf fish today and I have an aquarium that's full of soft water. Since s/he is probably in our local tapwater, with a GH of about 22, the aquarium has a GH of about ten. How long should I acclimate? I'm going to use a very small hole in the bag and wondering how long to leave the fish in there.
 
So you're floating the fish with a hole in the bag? I wouldn't do it that way, I would put the fish in a bucket;/container and drip acclimate it. I've never had trouble with it. :good:
 
A fintro, costs 4.99, I would get one, but I'm in the US. It is basically a plastic box that leaks in water over several hours to acclimate a fish.
 
Let the bag float for 10 mins for temp to equalize, then dump it in a bucket. Tie a knot in a piece of airline tubing so that it drips about 2 drops a second and siphon the water out over about 45 minutes to an hour and it should be fine. You could probably do much less with no problems but I don't think there's any harm in taking a little more time either.

But by now you've probably gotten the fish?
 
No, not yet, but I also have plastic gang valves. Could those be used? I'm guessing so, since they were advertised as good for drip acclimation.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top