i'm puzzled

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

guppiegirl

Reaction score
-_- 1 of my zebras seem to be acting a bit funny. if any of the other fish go near it, it chases them away. at first i thought it was only happening after the had been fed. i have no idea whats going on. my other half say6s it has PMT. if anyone can shed some light on this i would grateful.

I'm sorry but are we talking about Zebra danios or zebra plecos?

Ok now
How many danios in the tank? Because they need at least 5 to keep their aggression down.
Males are slim when comparied to females, so is it a male of female?

anyway if its a male he is just going throught the pecking order as it were and trying to be boss, if however its a female she will become eggbound soon and this is her way of saying I'm not ready yet keep away
HTH

i only have 2 danios. and i think it is a female because it is a lot rounder in the tummy region. she only seems to attack the other danio and my cloud minnows, she doesn't bother the guppies.

sounds like a female to me.
As danios become older they will become very nippy to other fish, especially to long finned fish (guppys) to keep this down to a minimum you shold think about
either getting at least 3 more or if you have no romm then I sugest taking them back to the lfs and excanging for more guppies or wcms

:D thanks for the advise. i think i will get a few more. how many fish would you suggest i have in my tank altogether, (i already have 12) bearing in mind the size of my tank.

Most reactions

Back