Im New, But I Have Had Experiance

can i be totally honest here, in my oppinion you are not ready to keep theese fish. as you have stated you only want them becaue of the "bad boy reputation" when to be honest piranna are one of the most boring fish to keep lol and im sure that once the novelty has worn off and you get fed up with the massive water changes that will be needed on the tanks because of the way theese fish eat, there will be yet another 4 "bad boy" fish on the site looking for new homes because the owner got bored.

oscars eat meat just the same as pirhannas, they eat pretty much anything you chuck in, beef, pork you name it, they get big, there intellagent, beg for food every time they see you.

gold severum, blue acaras are beautiful fish, just google them to see what they look like

Puffers are good, not overly expensive, just make sure you go for a freswater variety like the dwarf puffer, for puffes you might be better asking on the oddball section, or brackish section if you wanted to make it a brackish tank

No io hepled my bro in law keep his tank clean and i really enhoy wathcing them. Can puffa fiush stay in the same tank as phiranas

Yea oscars are awesome. I was feeding my friend's oscar some krill and the "little" guy bit my finger and nearly jumped out of the tank

is tropical fresh water likle just with heater anf filter ?

tropical fish are freshwater. you are probably thinking of marine fish (salt water) you can get freshwater (tropical) puffers eg dwarf puffer, brackish puffers, ie puffers that live in slightly salty water like where a rivermouth joins the sea and freshwateralt water mix, like figure 8 puffers, and you get marine puffers.

yeah my oscars love krill, they love any food really anything they can get in there mouth

is tropical fresh water likle just with heater anf filter ?

to be honest mate, if you don't even know what freshwater is you have a lot of research to do before setting up a tank specially for big fish like pirhannas. get a good tropical book, or just read everything you can on this site to gain a good underpinning knoledge before setting up a tank

Ok thanks but what would be the max size for 2 piranhas

no tank sorry, what is the min size for a tank for 2 piharna

prob still 100 gal, 75 absolute min, although that may be pushing it.

if you got smaller fish like puffers you could get a good number in say a 40 gal tank, and won't take up as much room or take as much time waterchanging

ahh ok so 120 gal willl be good then xD how much will these cost, can you recomend me any ?

Thankjs

well the only one that is that big in my lfs was £1200 i don't know how much you can get one of that size for on the net although it is worth looking. also ebay might be worth a look, but you do realise how big 120 gal is don't you? its f-in huge!

im watching vids on outube and they have like 5 piranha in a 100 gallon tank. so could you recomend me a tank 120 gallon

am i mistaking it for Litres

so the miniumum size for 2 pihrana is 120 gallon what ! thats massivre.

Most reactions

Back