I'm in deep now...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

6 40g breeders and a 65g tall... Dang I'm jealous 😂😂

Oh btw also followed your bfs channel! Looks like good aquarium content!

6 40g breeders and a 65g tall... Dang I'm jealous 😂😂
How about that 220 ? That’s something the very great and vast majority of us never see let alone actually have. Absolutely no limits whatsoever on what you could have with an aquarium that big. A school of 25 angelfish ? The mind boggles !

i would upload a video of the tanks, but i'm old and can't figure out how...when i try it says file not compatible or something like that. anyway, not important right now, you guys know what tanks look like.

once i have them set up the way I LIKE, then i'll care more about uploading the pics/vids

How about that 220 ? That’s something the very great and vast majority of us never see let alone actually have. Absolutely no limits whatsoever on what you could have with an aquarium that big. A school of 25 angelfish ? The mind boggles !
Ohhh yah! Definitely!!!
But see... Something I'd like to try is to set up multiple medium sized tanks right next to eachother. Make it LOOK like ONE large tank. The reason I'd do this would be to keep species that would normally not be able to be kept together as one.
So I'd have some of the same schooling in each tank as to "continue" the theme, but maybe a different territorial fish in each tank that couldn't be kept together in the same territory.

I know! I'm so excited. Like a month ago, the BF and I were talking about "someday" we are getting a really large tank (I was thinking like a 180) for the living room. Was not expecting the opportunity to come so soon. I mentioned it comes with some oscars and other big fish, we will set it up with those for a while and see how we like it, but someday it will be a giant planted community tank. That's what I really want. But I also know that it may not be easy to rehome these large fish, so that may be years down the road. We'll just have to see...in the meantime, I have lots of other tanks I can plant up to my hearts desire.

Last edited:
I know! I'm so excited. Like a month ago, the BF and I were talking about "someday" we are getting a really large tank (I was thinking like a 180) for the living room. Was not expecting the opportunity to come so soon. I mentioned it comes with some oscars and other big fish, we will set it up with those for a while and see how we like it, but someday it will be a giant planted community tank. That's what I really want. But I also know that it may not be easy to rehome these large fish, so that may be years down the road. We'll just have to see...in the meantime, I have lots of other tanks I can't plant up to my hearts desire.
PLEASE keep us updated!

PLEASE keep us updated!
I assure you I won't be able to help myself from posting the pics! Just gonna take a little while, this 220 gallon tank is a fixer upper. Nothing wrong with the glass or anything, but the base needs some serious work. New paint job, new doors & hinges, etc.

One final thought on this chick and all her tanks. I’m thinking the humidity level in her house is such that you need a frogman suit.
Right now, with 12 tanks (all but one are lidded), it's perfect. Just enough humidity that my house plants love it. A little worried about the increase when we move the new tanks over, but who doesn't enjoy feeling like you live in the tropics when it's below freezing out?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back