I'm foolishly looking for the biggest

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

great find bgraber! :thumbs: I've seen the first pic before and it's awesome , the second one on the other hand :unsure: ,was new to me and somewhat disturbing :lol:

notice the bloody mouth ? :sick:

Still though...very awesome :wub:

bgraber said:
Look like channel cats or something similar
The first is a Wels catfish, the biggest true freshwater coldwater fish, these have been caught at weights up to and over 300lbs by anglers.

The second is the biggest catfish in the amazon basin, no common name that i know of but these have been blamed for the disapeerence of cattle and small children.

I have a 2' red tail cat and two tigershovel nose cats. believe me, they are NOT cheap top look after. my redtail which will top around 4' in caprivity and 6' in the wild will be having something on the lines of 7500litres. unless you can fit in a tank/pond this size and can afford it, then i would get something smaller which would fit in a 6x2x2 etc etc.

yeah what he said....and not to mention the cost of food to keep the pigs from starving. It costs me about $5-6 a week to keep baby in food so he doesn't go squirly and start ramming the tank sides when he gets hungry. I was told to keep him untill his full size I would need a 400 gallon or more

carppy said:
I would need a 400 gallon or more
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: thats a very big tank :lol:

those pictures of catfish are icky - i dont think i fancy keeping one of those :sick:

(id be scared to go fish if i knew there were fish that big in the water!! :crazy: )

actually tiger shovel nose are not as ugly as those wild cattle eating fish, they're very nice to look at with awsome camoflauge markings.

TSN's are awesome fish, i would love to have one one day but not until i can get a 600g tank.

How about a Red Taild Catfish, mines about 14" at the moment, and looks mighty nice... :)

iridescent_shark-the_general-2.jpg

Iridescent Shark, a cool catfish that gets pretty big.

iridescent_shark-the_general-2.jpg

Iridescent Shark, a cool catfish that gets pretty big.

yea, its a pangaeus. The bigest catfish ever is the Mekong giant catfish from thailand. they are occasionally offered for sale on aquabid.

All you gotta do is pay a huge amount for shipping. If all else fails, you can always get a giant cat from the amazon. those will eat your children.... literally lol. they get 80-100lbs maybe a little more than that sometimes.

the mekongs get around 200 lbs.

Most reactions

Back