Im A Fishaholic.

Cooper2085

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
589
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So it started in January. Id been given a fish tank 3 months earlier and decided it was time to get it ready so my little kid could enjoy it. Didnt know zip about fish and wasnt a member of the forum at the time.

A month later i now have a 3/4 cycled 3ft tank, doing a fish in cycle. I also have a little 1ft tank that im not sure what to do with yet. And im now buying another 3ft tank (£30 with hood, light and heater!).

Im not dure what to do with the new 3ft. My other one is set up for a kid, blue gravel and sponge bob ornaments ect Im thinking about doing something more natural with this tank (Brown/black gravel maybe sand, maybe a few live plants, some bogwood ect). But im also tempted to seperate the tank into 2 or 3 sections. I would love to keep a Betta, and i heard that a 1/3rd of the tank (9 Gallon Ish) would be plenty of room for him. I also want a fry tank/area, i assume another 9 gallon area would be enough for them.

That leaves me with a 9 gallon space though >.> And also i dont know alot about Bettas and the filtration they need. If i put a Internal filter like a Fluval 3 in with a betta would it disturb it too much? I know i cant put it in a section with fry... it would be like putting sand in a hoover >.<

So yeah... im rambling now, but i need some direction. Im going to use my 1ft tank as a hospital, with a small layer of gravel, a cave and a plant, with a Fluval 1 to filter it.

That leaves me with my 3ft tank, i want a betta, i want some fry space, i want it to look natural.

Ideas all! Be creative :P
 
If you really want a betta (they're not that great IMO), get it it's own tank. A one gallon filtered tank is fine for it.

Seperated tanks often look weird and unnatural. Keep a separate hospital tank and a separate fry tank. Then, you'll have that big tank to do whatever you want with. I love dark gravel with bogwood and live plants. What kind of fish do you like?
 
Well im pretty new to all this, but i quite like things that are different, things that are colourfull and things that shoal together.

Currently i have:

3 Neon Tetras (Had 6, 3 died a while ago because i was a noob)
6 Copper Harlequins (My favorite, so active!)
1 Male Guppy (Gold from head to tail)
2 Females (One grey/red one black/greeny yellow)
3 Albino Corys (Cute and never stop moving!)
1 Shrimp (Had 2, 1 died)

I also had 5 emporor Tetras which had to go back to the LFS because for some reason they loved my tank and laid eggs after 3 days. 2 of them turned into sharks prowling where they had laid and killed of 1 male guppy and attacked the other!
 
I have a betta on a one gallon and he is always running around the tank. He seems quite happy. I had him in a 2.5...and he wasn't nearly as happy, and seemed more sulky, if that makes any sense.

I'd recommend a community tank. :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top