I'll Be Gone For A Week Or Two

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

QuotheRaven

Something smells humany
Reaction score
I was performing maintenance on one of my fish tanks, I grabbed my cover glass and was holding it in one hand while drying with a towel with my other, the glass slipped and it was heading for the front of my tank so I instinctively go to grab it and it smashed over my fingers. I have a cut almost the entire length of my finger (middle finger) which also got a cut artery, which recieved 4 stitches, after two injections on the base of the finger, then 5 more stitches to close the wound, then 8 butterfly clips on two of my fingers because my index finger got a large amount of skin taken off, then my hand was placed in plaster and will be for at least a week, so its near impossible to keep typing with my left hand... :shout: :sick: so I won't be on for at least a week

I need a doctors note for evidence. No one has a right to be excused from the forum. Even with such all tale's as your's

Seriously though, That must hurt like mad. Hope it wont have any long term effects.

Ouch sounds painful :crazy: The things we do for our fish...

I heard somewhere that 'chicks dig scars' so it aint all bad :good:

question: due to the fact i have this injury, I have my nano marine tank and with all the stinging things and toxins I should probably wait until the wound is 100% healed before putting my hand in the water

the lid part was thrown out (was smashed badly and had heaps of blood on it) so My mum covered the part with cling film and a couple of towels

Although I didn't cut my fingers as badly as you did, I always magaeg to get a small cut every water change, by the lid. They should coat the edges with a soft gell or somthing...

Oh god that sucks, I'm not hitting on you here I swear but... *big hug* get better soon!

Ouch, Get better quickly.
You must resist the urge to put your hands in the water, its hard not to.

the lid was in 4 parts to start with (75 gal tank) i was drying one part of it, dropped and it smashed

my sister also told me the surgeon lifted all the skin off the bone to clean it...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back