If you have plecos, don't forget blanched/steamed veggies...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

They love them, and are good for them...some of your other fish may enjoy, as well ;)

[VIDEO]
Funny, only yesterday I put some in for the first time ever hahahaha (don't tell my gf I didn't eat it all myself. "It really was delicious babe")

My plecos are basically carnivores don’t know weather they have just adapted to the high protein foods I feed my cichlids but they will snub algae wafers and vegetables for prawns and even live bugs , iv witnessed my common eat live woodlice and snails so I tend to not bother feeding veggies , I feed peas once a week because a couple of the larger cichlids will eat them but the plecos will eat them as a last resort, normally overnight they disappear and I assume it’s the plecos that eat them but could easily be the turtle

My plecos are basically carnivores don’t know weather they have just adapted to the high protein foods I feed my cichlids but they will snub algae wafers and vegetables for prawns and even live bugs , iv witnessed my common eat live woodlice and snails so I tend to not bother feeding veggies , I feed peas once a week because a couple of the larger cichlids will eat them but the plecos will eat them as a last resort, normally overnight they disappear and I assume it’s the plecos that eat them but could easily be the turtle
Really?...which veggies have you tried?

Mine will eat cauliflower, broccoli, yellow squash, courgette, green beans, carrots, and sweet potatoes, as well as some fruits like cantaloupe & watermelon

Did you blanch or steam first? I'll usually steam a pot of veggies for myself, then pick out some pieces for the fish

Funny, only yesterday I put some in for the first time ever hahahaha (don't tell my gf I didn't eat it all myself. "It really was delicious babe")
First time for cauliflower? I know you like feeding yours brussel sprouts, but the one time I tried it, it was just too smelly...but they DID eat it

Really?...which veggies have you tried?

Mine will eat cauliflower, broccoli, yellow squash, courgette, green beans, carrots, and sweet potatoes, as well as some fruits like cantaloupe & watermelon

Did you blanch or steam first? I'll usually steam a pot of veggies for myself, then pick out some pieces for the fish
Iv tried broccoli, spinach even asparagus, I normal par boil them, take them out a few minutes before there ready to eat n they don’t even investigate most the time they just ignore it , they like fruit strange enough they will banana and melon even slices of apple but I don’t often feed fruits as I’m not sure what effects it hasn’t on fish , my common pleco even eats nuts , I tried feeding my oscars Brazil nuts the other day just because I had some n it amazes me what they will eat , they just chewed one up and spat it out through there gills but the pleco really enjoyed the nuts even the green phantom came out and snuck some back in his cave , really weird eating habits my plecos have

Iv tried broccoli, spinach even asparagus, I normal par boil them, take them out a few minutes before there ready to eat n they don’t even investigate most the time they just ignore it , they like fruit strange enough they will banana and melon even slices of apple but I don’t often feed fruits as I’m not sure what effects it hasn’t on fish , my common pleco even eats nuts , I tried feeding my oscars Brazil nuts the other day just because I had some n it amazes me what they will eat , they just chewed one up and spat it out through there gills but the pleco really enjoyed the nuts even the green phantom came out and snuck some back in his cave , really weird eating habits my plecos have
LOL, yes, your plecos are peculiar eaters, to say the least :lol:

LOL, yes, your plecos are peculiar eaters, to say the least :lol:
Yep very strange , iv even looked into if plecos be carnivores because iv saw a Oscar eat an algae wafer while the pleco is sucking away on a prawn , I just own backwards animals I think

One of my past Pleco's would literally dive onto a slice of cucumber, munch the middle out, swim through it like a kid in a rubber ring and play with it for hours....swim into the hole, give a little wiggle, swim out, turn around and do it all again....by morning the cucumber had been munched

Fish play with their food far worse than any human child.

First time for cauliflower? I know you like feeding yours brussel sprouts, but the one time I tried it, it was just too smelly...but they DID eat it
True, but since Brussels does have more to say in our small country I try to minimize that. That European governement of oirs leaves a bad smell too hahahaha.

Brussels sprouts and brocolli were it for.my fish. Since my GF is cooking more.and more vegs might go to the fish. Nooooooo joking of course. She cooks like the best (that's what I tell her at least 😂)

True, but since Brussels does have more to say in our small country I try to minimize that. That European governement of oirs leaves a bad smell too hahahaha.

Brussels sprouts and brocolli were it for.my fish. Since my GF is cooking more.and more vegs might go to the fish. Nooooooo joking of course. She cooks like the best (that's what I tell her at least 😂)
Your too nice , I happily tell my wife I’d be 20 stone if she could cook
She doesn’t care one bit though she hates her own cooking I think .
She got exited the other day because she cooked an egg without breaking the yolk ... it was cute to be fair like watching a toddler with some colouring crayons

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back