If You Had $400 Maximum To Spend

Xenosis

New Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have $400 dollars Australian based on my parents gift to me this christmas, Id really enjoy having a big fish tank. I would like to house a Oscar in it one day.
Based on this, And using these 2 websites, what will you get? Keep in mind u must take in mind of ornaments, plants and gravel.
Plants are roughly 4 dollars a pop in Australia.

For Filter, heater, gravel, lighting

For the actual Fish Tanks, here is the store closest to me

Thanks for all your help, (If i get any)
xenosis
 
I would get a Lake Tanganyika setup..
possibly a juwel vision 180
with a EHEIM professionel II thermofilter
 
Plants are a lot cheaper if you know where to get them. You can nab thin val here for $2. www.livefish.com.au
Those are good prices on the tanks. I paid over $200 for my complete setup (just the tank and filtration, not any of the ornaments or anything) and mine is only 2.5ft.
 
i got my tank and stand for $150 aud on ebay (including gravel) (4 x 2 x 2 tank)
$225 for the filter brand new (aqua one cf1200)
 
The main thing to get would be the desire to get what you can for the money. It would be best to check the local papers, any trading sites near you, the real e-bay bidding areas, etc. Used equipment in excellent shape can be had for very little money compared to new and you will probably run out if you are not very careful. You will certainly never get big enough for your oscar buying retail.
 
If I bought a "New" Tank, I would probably do tank, stand, lights used. All other equipment new, because for the stuff that if it goes bad can kill my fish I want new.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top