If there was one piece of (silly or funny) advice you would give a new fishkeeper....

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If you must fiddle with an internal filter, turn it off first. Accidentally pointing the outflow towards you = unexpected shower.
A similar shower happens when using externals too....especially when you forget to put the lid back on the aquarium before priming/turning back on..... :angel::angel::angel:

Yes, never drop coffee or a soda in a fishtank... My nephew's son did that once with a soda when we couldn't find him. It turned out that he slipped away and went to the fishroom. The coffee went by accident by myself. Most tanks are open tanks overhere. And yes, those fish weren't happy...

Yes, never drop coffee or a soda in a fishtank... My nephew's son did that once with a soda when we couldn't find him. It turned out that he slipped away and went to the fishroom. The coffee went by accident by myself. Most tanks are open tanks overhere. And yes, those fish weren't happy...
Did they swim around really, really fast?

when performing a water change there’s no need to attack the tank with a hammer,the water isn’t literally hard,DOH!

Make sure that you are wide awake before trying to clear the aerator tube on an internal filter

Blow into it......do not suck....and maybe, just maybe, concentrate on what the heck you are doing :sick:

And I thought accidently getting syphoned petrol in the mouth was bad......petrol has NOTHING on aquarium water for badness!

Make sure that you are wide awake before trying to clear the aerator tube on an internal filter

Blow into it......do not suck....and maybe, just maybe, concentrate on what the heck you are doing :sick:

And I thought accidently getting syphoned petrol in the mouth was bad......petrol has NOTHING on aquarium water for badness!
Ewwwwwwww! 🤢🤮

....what would it be?

There will always be the standard advice given such as researching before buying and so forth. Fishkeeping can be a very serious pastime, especially when everything seems to be going wrong

But what piece of funny/silly advice would you give a new fishkeeper (or the occasional old one) that you have learnt in your (mis)adventures with fishkeeping?

Mine....well...never wear a white top when doing aquarium maintenance. I can wear any colour I want but the moment I have a white top on and start doing my weekly maintenance, Murphy (and his mischievious law) crawls out from under his rock and does something annoying....such as a filter can refusing to open, so I give it an extra shove whilst swearing at it, the can lid pops off suddenly and the contents go everywhere and my nice white top gets splattered with fish poo. Never happens with any other coloured top, only the white ones :D

So what silly things happen to you that makes you giggle (or swear) on a water change & maintenance day?
Dress like a fish to put them at ease

Attachments

• AA282216-EB96-4E6C-8741-B8B91728E64F.jpeg
    AA282216-EB96-4E6C-8741-B8B91728E64F.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 23
A fish eating fish ;)
Aha, is that what piscivorous mean?

Sure do learn something new every day.

Is that a sort of carnivorus fish that predates on other fish or simply fish eating other fish tankmate like you get in tanks sometimes when a fish has passed away?

Most reactions

trending

Back