If It Was Up To You

Sean W.

Fishaholic
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Claremont California
If it was up to you, and money wasnt an issue how big of a tank would you get and what would you do with it?


I think id get...


a 55 gallon tank ( which im going to get any way ).. only reason id get a 55 gallon tank is because i dont have room for a bigger tank...


and i dont know what id do with it, i know id get some discus and a grip of gouramis and clown loaches...
 
If it was up to me, and money wasnt an issue, i seen a well snazzy 6ft jobby the other day, just shy of 2 grand tho £££
 
I recently got my 46g bowfront and am so happy with it - it is the PERFECT size. Not too big to where water changes are an hour project, but big enough to house a lot of fish to look at.

If I was rich enough to have someone take care of my tanks, I would adore a 90g saltwater with bright colored tangs and live rock and such. But alas, I am not that skilled and do not have that many hours in the day to devote to it.
 
8x4x4ft with a breeding pair of oscars... and a few more scattered round the house so that i could gro out alllllll the babies and probably keep about 10000000000000000 :lol:
 
I'm getting my 4x2x2 tank soon , im pretty happy with that as it fits nicely. If i had a big house or was single i'd got for something like a 10x6x4 and have a tiger shovel nose in it or some pretty big rays
 
Currently in the process of buying a Rio 400 which is over 5 times the size of anything I've had before so looking forward to that :hyper:. Longer term plans? I don't have a car but I do have a garage lol. :blink:

EDIT: FHM that is gonna be one awesome setup, you will need a broom to clean the glass lol.
 
Honestly, id just turn the biggest room of my house into an aquarium, and have the room next door for filters and heating and sumps and whatever else id need...

But, i wouldnt fill it with monster fish. I like the idea of a community tank on a much larger scale...

Like a GIANT shoal of fish, few common plecs, angels clown loahces etc you get the idea... No idea if that would work but who cares? Its not going to happen. :P

Edit:

Id probably even attempt to have sand as substrate and wood and maybe even try to plant it... No idea how id get it lit decently and supply co2 and ferts... *shrugs*
 
It is up to me and money is not an object if I take things slowly enough. Save a bit every week and eventually you can afford almost anything. My present plans are to replace most of my tanks with tanks around 15 or 20 gallons size. That will let me keep more species only tanks in the space that I have available and even give me some room to grow out the fry that I inevitably end up with. My personal fish preferences run to small fish, not giants like oscars, so large tanks are just a waste of space but several smaller tanks means more different fish can be kept and bred. I really enjoy my fish and would like to have a chance at more different species than I have room for today.
 
if it was up to me and money was not the issue, i would have a large house full of tanks, most tanks would be 150us each housing pair's of channa's....then i would have two large 15/4/4ft's housing the biggest channa's pair's.....
Then for the main tank i would go for 50'000 gallon mega tank, yes there is a thread from start to finish of someone doing this at his home :drool:
 
I have no idea!

I'd like many things lol, i'd have a nice goldie set-up which i'm planning anyway, got 2 little guy's at work that arn't selling as one has one eye and the other has no tail, nothing wrong with them thy're just a little ugly lol baisicly i'm going to buy the biggest clearseal i can get and get a heavy duty filter from work, hoping to do it for under £100

An oscar tank
A large community
Several large cichlid tanks for sevs, frontosas etc..
A prehistoric tank with gars and an arrowana

so many more...

We actually had a guy come in today with an 8ft/5ft/4ft he bought 3 gars, he said his tank was totally pre historic and he had a large silver aro, i was actually in awe of him lol.
 
I'd have an aquarium that worked it's way round the house's ground floor. A 250g in the sitting room, narrowing down to go through the door into the hall, then filling out again in the dining room and so on. Then all my fish could swim round in a complete circle and never meet :lol:
 
hmm yeh yours sound cool... but nothing compared to my dream aqaurium...a big lounge with a front or back middle wall with a built in tank with all my favourite fish in it :P

haha money money money though, oh well i can dream ... with my 48ltr aqaurium! :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top