Ie 7

i use thunderbird too, just wish it has the auto correct. But the extensions are great, you can usually find anything you want. I'm surprised there's not one for ftp!

There is an extension for FTP browsing on FF, I'm sure I saw it when looking through the extensions the other day.

Shame there is no IE in a tab extension for linux, meaning I have to use crappy M$ to access sites because the webmasters are too fat and lazy to conform to standards.

mine has spell checker on it?

What i meant was i like the auto-correct, which will correct words without me having to run the spell check. it's useful for me as i'm lazy with my capitals and it'll do that all for me :D but thunderbird doesnt have that, outlook did :( havent seen any extension for it yet either

Outlook is BAD! it tried to be too many programs, outlook express is much better, although it messed my computer up a while ago. Thunderbird rules...

and stop being so lazy lol :fun:

§tudz get FireFTP if you want a fully functioning FTP client in Firefox.

IE7 as far as I can see was a feature matching release with Firefox 2. If Mozilla had enough money they could almost take M$ to caught for plagiarism. :p

But then again I am Firefox extension developer, I want ever one to use Firefox.

I have always used IE. I tried FireFox once but may try it again since everyone seems to like it so much. I use IE7 right now and it was working good till about a week ago. All the sudden when a window pops up and i close it it would close all the IE windows i had open. I had to change the settings to make new screens open in a new tab instead of a new window. I tend to end up with a lot of tabs this way too sometimes.

I have IE7 and FF on my comp right now and I hate IE7, they stole a lot of stuff from FF it seems, it performs like #### and looks too flashy... I am a FF guy.

i downloaded FF and am trying it out. The first complaint I have is that my scroll wheel on my mouse doesn't work in the FF browser. Secondly at least one of my survey sites i do surveys for money on doesnt have the surveys compatible with FF.

So far im not too happy with FF. But i will keep using it for alittle and decide then. I havent gotten rid of IE7, so I can always use that if i need to. (of course some of the surveys i do i cant do on IE7 either) ugh.

Anyone know how to get FF to let my use my scroll wheel on my mouse in the browser?

well i figured out how to use my scroll wheel with FF, i have to click with the scroll wheel then move the mouse up and down to scroll then click the wheel again to turn off scrolling.....don't like that.

FF isn't bad and sometimes is a little faster than IE7 but I like the way the pages look on IE compared to FF and I like being able to just move the scroll wheel and scroll when I want to without all the extra clicking. I did notice that FF has a spellchecker in it that works anytime you are typing in one of the windows, that was kind of nice....although i usually dont bother to fix all the little errors, lol.

I am going to keep FF on my comp incase I start having probs with IE but I think I am going to stick to using IE for now.

FireFox for me! Just could not stand the gaping security holes in IE: Pathetically poor.

Andy

Firefox for me, I couldn't live without the auto spell checker(though I wish I didn't have to download an extension to use UK English) and FoxLingo for all the foreign forums I'm a member of.
I tried IE7 and Its possibly the worst web browser I've used when it comes to crashing (that and safari on the schools eMacs).
Firefox 2 already has loads more functionality than IE7 without the extensions I use.
well i figured out how to use my scroll wheel with FF, i have to click with the scroll wheel then move the mouse up and down to scroll then click the wheel again to turn off scrolling.....don't like that.
My scroll wheel works 100% too so maybe its just your mouse doesn't have very good drivers, try going to 'Tools', 'Options' and then 'Advanced' and fiddling around with the scrolling options. If that doesn't work it's your mouses drivers, not firefox that is the problem :) .

Yeah I was gonna say my scroll wheel works fine on both ff and ie7

Most reactions

Back