Identify the fish.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I can defiantly see why you are so attached to him! You will need a large tank... what size were you planning on upgrading to?

I'm not 100% sure that it is a common Pleco, but from the picture, thats why it looks like. Try to get a better/closer picture of him

He likes to hide in the back till night time so this is the best I can do

Attachments

• 20200605_134128.jpg
    20200605_134128.jpg
    641.7 KB · Views: 59
Yes, definitely try to get a closer picture. If he has bristles on his face/nose... as PheonixKingZ was trying to determine, then it would be a different kind of Pleco that doesn't get nearly as big...It would be a Bristle Nose Pleceo... and that would be good news!! :) You would still probably want to move him to a bigger tank as he gets larger, but you wouldn't need one near as big as you would need for a Common Pleco that gets 2 ft. long!!! :D
Yes, a BNP only gets to be 4-6 inches long. I would still suggest upgrading to a larger tank. I personally wouldn't keep a BNP in anything smaller than a 20g tank. (29g preferably)

Well at one point I had a 65 gallon. I'm pretty comfortable with that.
That would be perfect if you got a 65g. That would give him loads of room. They don't grow as fast as people think, so you still have some time. :)

That would be perfect if you got a 65g. That would give him loads of room. They don't grow as fast as people think, so you still have some time. :)
Cool, that's the goal. Currently renovating a house so for now it's a five gallon until it's finished.

Well at one point I had a 65 gallon. I'm pretty comfortable with that.
Perfect, until he gets really big, then you might need a 150-200 gallon, but like PheonixKingZ said they don't grow overly fast... AND... just think. ... If you have a lonely Pleco in a 65 gallon tank then you would just HAVE to get more fish!!! (arm twisted) LOL... You could have a nice community tank with some schooling fish in there too!! :D

Perfect, until he gets really big, then you might need a 150-200 gallon, but like PheonixKingZ said they don't grow overly fast... AND... just think. ... If you have a lonely Pleco in a 65 gallon tank then you would just HAVE to get more fish!!! (arm twisted) LOL... You could have a nice community tank with some schooling fish in there too!! :D

Yea there is this guy on youtube he has the most amazing 300 gallon schooling tank I've ever seen, now THAT would be nice.

I noticed most of the tanks I see have alot of plants. I do not. I have zero to be exact. I just figured with all the extra filtration and bio filters and everything else going in my five gallon I didn't need them...

I noticed most of the tanks I see have alot of plants. I do not. I have zero to be exact. I just figured with all the extra filtration and bio filters and everything else going in my five gallon I didn't need them...
I always suggest live plants, as they make the tank pop more and hey help to naturally filter the water. Are you looking into getting some?

I always suggest live plants, as they make the tank pop more and hey help to naturally filter the water. Are you looking into getting some?
Thinking about it, but I don't know. The fish would probably love it, but I already spent a good amount on the inside of the tank as it is.

Thinking about it, but I don't know. The fish would probably love it, but I already spent a good amount on the inside of the tank as it is.
Understood. As I said, you do have some time before you have to move him.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back