Ideas Needed For Smaller Aquariums

Spishkey

Spishkeys Turtle Rescue
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
2,000
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Belgium
I have a number of small aquariums lying about (20ishL,35L x 2) and, well, im stuck for ideas what to do with them, the only thing suitable for them i thought would be male bettas in singularly, but can anyone think of anything else i could use them for?
 
how about a detailed planted aquarium or snails or shrimp or even guppies.
 
shrimps are a no no as they are just too expensive here, guppies i would love but am put off by the inbreeding and weak strains that seem to flood the lfs's these days. Now if only i could find some endlers ...

in one of them im hoping to go for a walstad tank, totally planted, no filter and maybe a single fish in there to see how it goes.
 
I second the planted tank idea. Small tanks with suitably small, densely planted plants can look pretty amazing, and won't need huge investment in equipment. Then get a collection of different shrimp!

Could keep a trio of sparkling gourami with some cherry red shrimps in a 35 litre, for example. I don't know if bettas are compatible with cherry red shrimp, but if they are I'd definitely make one betta+shrimp tank too.

edit: just noticed shrimps are a no-no. I'd keep my eyes open for opportunities to order them online or from other hobbyists. Cherry reds breed like rabbits after all.
 
pseudomugil rainbowfish are good for small tanks (~1.5 inches for most species). pgymy cories are also good. There are also some small/micro rasbora species, although they can be rare (they are here at least).
 

Most reactions

Back
Top