Ideas For Tweaking Biocube Filter Intake For Shrimp?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

magpie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm interested in adding some cherry shrimp to my work tank. It's a Biocube 14, and I have a bit of a concern that the shrimp will go through the intake. Since it's a flat surface, it seems trickier. On my home filter, I've covered the end of the intake with a mesh bag secured with a rubber band to keep new baby kuhli loaches out, however am not sure how to block this one.

Any creative ideas? I replaced the normal filter with a lower flow one, so I don't think the pressure itself will keep any mesh or whatnot on it...

Hey all,

I'm interested in adding some cherry shrimp to my work tank. It's a Biocube 14, and I have a bit of a concern that the shrimp will go through the intake. Since it's a flat surface, it seems trickier. On my home filter, I've covered the end of the intake with a mesh bag secured with a rubber band to keep new baby kuhli loaches out, however am not sure how to block this one.

Any creative ideas? I replaced the normal filter with a lower flow one, so I don't think the pressure itself will keep any mesh or whatnot on it...

I has the same tank.. unfortunately I dont thin our tanks are suited fer cherry skrimps..

I has my cherry skrimps in a nanocube..

I'm wondering if I can put some sponge or filter material in the first filter section to keep them out....

You can cut a slice through a piece of filter sponge, then slip it over the over flow "gate". If the tank wasn't running, I'd recommend super gluing a piece of fiberglass window screen over the inlet.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back