Ideas For Stocking 65 Gallon Aquarium

Bubblenester

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
352
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Arizona
I'm planning to buy a 65 gallon aquarium. I don't know the dimensions but it is tall and a little deeper than usual (front to back) and not very long. Not a cube but on its way to being one. I have two FW tanks that I want to consolidate into it, and these are the fish that I'm planning on keeping:

1 angelfish
12 female bettas
1 pearl gourami
1 honey dwarf gourami
4 rosy barbs
1 yo-yo loach
lots of driftwood and java ferns (not fish but may be relevant)

Problem is, I have no idea what else to put in there. Any ideas? Everything interesting that I think of is too small to avoid becoming an angelfish snack.

Also, if you're not familiar with female bettas, their compatibility is different from males. They don't have as much of an issue with fin nippers (only really nasty things) and don't seem to be particularly aggressive toward fish that resemble bettas. They're generally slightly nippy but nothing major- they would rather bother each other than other fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top