Ideas For A Rio 180?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DevUK

UKAPS member
Reaction score
I'm considering what to do with my Rio 180 that's sitting dormant at the moment. I wondered about keeping something different to the normal community/livebearers I've kept up untill now. My first thought is some fish which are a little larger than your average community fish. Maybe something with some personality?

I thought about Angels, but other than wild/scalar I'm not much of a fan of them. I also thought about gouramis, but again, I'm not sure. Any other sensible suggestions for maybe a species only tank or perhaps several different non-shoaling fish? Not sure about Cichlids, my water is pretty hard and I'm not interested in faffing about with RO/softeners.

To cover all the bases, tank is a Rio 180 which I plan to plant with mosses/crypts/slow growing stuff providing plenty of cover. Filtration via EX1200.

how about some rainbow species? there is some really nice ones, dwarf neons would look cool in a shoal. maybe a bit small for what you are wanting though?

smaller less aggresive cichlids, a group of rainbows as dither, boesmani or red irian they are the larger ones,
synodontis or pictus cats for the bottom,

Most reactions

trending

Back