Ich, cotton mouth and now death

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

MammaKitty

Reaction score
I got a fish tank for xmas started with 3 mollies doing ok I guess you would say Im cycling with fish got excited ans brought home 7 more fish 4-neon tetras 2 swordtails and 1-more mollie , female died in 2 hrs went back a got another.(40gallon)(didn't really know about fish berore hand) a couple of days and many hours of reading about care, spotted ich and 1.0 for ammonia went to the store bought Ick Gaurd and aquarium salt. Did a water 25% water change put salt, Ick med, stress zyme and stress coat for the last 3 days. Now spotted cotton mouth all white on my mollies lips and staying at the top of the water :( (crying cuase feel that I cant help) woke up this morning and cotton mouth killed him, also a fish missing in the tank(molly) and my ammonia is at .50, n02-0 , no3-0, ph-7.5 oh also blue dwarf gaurmi has a spot on his front, side kinda red look like a leasion or hole of some sort and not really eating, Im so upset Im ready to call it quits Im very depressed I hate to see this and very sorry If I got excited to soon and made a death sentance for these fish. Help Please !!!! :no:

Do a water change, add some salt to the tank, you will need anti internal bacteria med for the fish or an antibiotic which would be better, neons are not a cycling fish they may not make it as they need a mature tank of 6 months, here is a link to what mouth fungus is.

I checked out the site great info since I hadn't had a reply back for a while I called a fish store here thats been in business for 30yrs w/ great rep and they were very helpful they said no more water changes though because I have done 3 already in the last three days and Im going backwards because I have not cycled my tank yet they want to test my water (even though I did that, at no cost) and recomended to continue with the Ick Gaurd and tonight on my way home get some Kanamycin. Does that sound good? :dunno:

Yes that good use the antibiotic treatment.

Good luck, yes keep us all informed.

Well went home and did a 50% water change and put Kanamycin and ICH Gaurd in(blue kind), and salt. Eveyone looks ok this morning except the Missing Molly I will post more on this tonight when I get home, didn't do the salt bath last night we'll see how there doing when I get home tonight.

Most reactions

Back