Ice Cream

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Miss Wiggle

Practically perfect in every way
Reaction score
just had the ice cream van pull up to work, bliss in this weather :D

whats your current fave ice cream / lolly ?

i'm loving twisters at the moment, right combination of lolly and ice cream, and nice and fresh and fruity. :D :p

It is currently winter here but the other night after being at the pub my wife and I got icecream and walked along the street attracting funny looks and comments but... the icecream was a vanilla and macadamia flavour coated in chocolate ganache. We make green tea flavoured ice cream also which is really nice.

Ok I have a good icecream recipe as well but it is not as easy as geo7x's and it pretty well needs an icecream machine, but it is really good and a great base recipe to add to. I use it as the base for vanilla, chocolate, frangellico, mixed berry etc.

to make about 1lt

500ml milk
few drops of vanilla essence (or a vanilla bean is best)
125g castor sugar
5 egg yolks
150ml cream

Bring milk and vanilla to the boil.
Whisk yolks and sugar in a stainless steel bowl and add boiling milk slowly while wisking (easier with three hands). Place bowl over gently simmering water and with a heatproof spatula (or wooden spoon) stir continuously sraping sides and bottom so it doesn't get to hot and curdle. When the mix thickens slightly (coats the back of a spoon) take off heat and continue stiring for a few minutes. Pour mix through a fine strainer and refridgerate for a few hours or overnight. When mix is cold add cream and pour into ice cream machine.

For chocolate add 250g chocolate to the mix while heating. For frangellico or other alcohol add to cold mix with cream, note the more alcohol the better but it will not freeze well (I think about 1/4 cups is ok) Mixed berry add to cold mix. Add what you like, Enjoy :D

Favourite lolly is a Solero, the orangey ones.

And fav ice cream has to be Haagen Daz Banoffee Cream Pie :drool:

Anything with mint and chocolate is good and if its got hazelnuts as well i'm in heaven.

nah i'm not keen on the phish food one

give me caramel choo choo or cherry garcia :good:

Half Baked is delish... fudge brownie AND cookie dough.... I wish the Vermonty Python wasn't coffee flavoured though :( It's got cookies AND Monty Python... Mmmm, wish list time...

Brownie Batter
Fossil Fuel (OMG, how gorgeous does that look? Why have I never seen it anywhere!?!)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (well, duh)
Chocolate Fudge Brownie (see above)
Marsha Marsha Marshamllow (never seen that before either)
Phish Food (Never got round to buying some)

Being pregnant, I am trying to stay away from fattening foods like icecream, but my fave flavour would have to be Dairy Bell's Nuts about Chocolate.

mmmm

Breslers: Strawberry Cheesecake, Rocky Road

Co-op: Strawberry Cheesecake

Hagen Daz: Strawberry Cheesecake, Cremedeleuche(this needs a Break for the sugar rush)

Tesco: Mandarin Cheesecake

Not made anymore, but Gino Ginelli - Tutti Frutti

I'm in love with Edy's Cherry Chocolate Chip! And the Fudge Brownie. :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back