The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Wills

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator āš’ļø
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
So I'm sure a few of us here will have been following the results of the IAPLC 2020 results, but for those that don't know they are essentially the world championships of Aquascaping.

In following the coverage on the community I saw this post from George Farmer on his podcasts facebook page (if you don't listen I would really recommend it!). He is congratulating Steven Chong (his Youtube channel is Steve Scapes) who won the gold award, or second place at this years IAPLC awards and if you have been following them over the last few years its been a really interesting journey. You can see from videos with Steven and his Tokio Aquascaping Union friends on the Green Aqua and Filipe Olivera channels along with his own, how much effort has gone into this award and how much it means for Steven and its really great to see him have success this year.

Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 21.13.14.png

I found this interesting for us as George mentions that they first met on this forum 16 years ago! I really wanted to share this post as it feels like a bit of forum history that it was the place that 2 of the most influencial people in our hobby first met!

I thought this post wouldnt be complete without showing Stevens tank - to see the other entries, and for more information on the IAPLC check out this page for the official video http://en.iaplc.com/results20/news004.html

1599393426858.png

Interestingly if you search for George Farmer on our forum you will be able to see that until about 2012 he was quite active here and there is really a lot of great content on here from him. I have not been able to find Stevens account though, I wonder if he used a different name here?

Few more links for further info if people are interested (and don't already follow)
George Farmers youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/gf225
Steven Chongs youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/SteveScapesYT
ADA/ IAPLC youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHYlOTQxEsxKsq7PxyNyilA

Wills

Excellent links.

Will definitely have a read of those when I have a moment or two later.

I am a big fan of George Farmer, heā€™s been around a long time and def one to listen to when comes to plants and aquascaping.

Donā€™t know much about Steve Chong as Iā€™ve been out of the hobby for a couple years now but sounds good, worth reading up on too.

Unfortunately I cannot listen to the podcasts but certainly can read these articles.

Thanks for this:good:

Excellent links.

Will definitely have a read of those when I have a moment or two later.

I am a big fan of George Farmer, heā€™s been around a long time and def one to listen to when comes to plants and aquascaping.

Donā€™t know much about Steve Chong as Iā€™ve been out of the hobby for a couple years now but sounds good, worth reading up on too.

Unfortunately I cannot listen to the podcasts but certainly can read these articles.

Thanks for this:good:

George Farmer is the one that made me get my new tank he just makes it so accessible. Wish I had listened more with my plant choice when I started my tank. Lesson learned though :)

Some of the top aquascapers dont really have a social following which I find a bit strange but understand that being infront of the camera is not for everyone (not something I would be able to do). But some have good Flickr accounts which are worth a look through. On the Green Aqua review of the awards they mentioned that tanks that have been seen online are marked down so that might be a reason too.

Wills

Oh wow. The tanks are all beautiful in that video but the top 3 just blow my mind! The illusion of space is unbelievable. Not surprised that someone from this forum went on to be so excellent. You clearly have a very strong community here with incredibly experienced fish keepers. Aquascaping videos are hypnotic :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back