I Want To Change My Substrate.

Note with AquaSoil too: You'll have to replace it every year IMO, not so with EcoComplete.

NutraFin CO2 systems can be crap if you use only one. Use two in parallel. I say this for any yeast based CO2 system. For CO2 you absolutely need STABILITY, and these systems are not stable. So what you do is use two - you do the mix for #1 on Saturday, the mix for #2 on Wednesday so they are out of phase of each other, resulting in a stable production of CO2.

Flourish substate, not bad either IMO.

Andy

Is Eco-complete made by Caribsea Underwurlde?

'cos if so you can find it for fairly good prices on the E of bay.

What are good ferts. I dont really want to do the EI thing.
I was a bit hesitant to start EI too, especially as I don't use CO2, but it's not as complex as it sounds once you get your routine going... and the results are amazing! Some of my plants that were struggling went ballistic after a few weeks.

Anyway, good luck whatever method you choose. :good:

Yea. ITs easy after a While. And You are running to high of a LIGHT for no co2 and EI

Ok, here are some of my suggestions

The Eco-complete is probally the best substrate for you right now.

The light that you are showing, I am concerned for the light temperature. It is 12000k which is perfect for a coral tank, but not for a freshwater plant tank.

I suggest

http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl36...mpactlight2x65w

Which is 130w, which is feel is really good. 2.5w/g The temperature is 6700k, which is much more reactive for freshwater plants.

For ferts, I would suggest for right now the Seachem brand ferts. Iron, Trace, and Flourish. These will be easy to come across in your LFS. Eventually I would suggest getting dry ferts as they are cheaper. You can see some here, http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/store/aquaticplantfood.php

I feel that would get you some solid growth. Adding some CO2 would be helpful, but i feel if you take that into the next step, as i feel it might get overwelming.

Most reactions

Back