I want some floater plants fir my guppy tank. Any reccomendations?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppylover:)

Reaction score
I want some floating plants just so the tank can look prettier. What are some easy to take care of floating plants that I can have on my guppy tank?

There are some floating plants that are easy and pretty.

I particularly like salvinia natans and water lettuce.

Though would avoid duckweed as this grows, well like a weed I guess, they will completely cover the water surface given half a chance! :lol:

And is actually hard to get rid of if you change mind and don’t want them, you need to get rid of every single tiny strand of duckweed to stop them growing and taking over again.

Last edited:
In addition to Water Lettuce and Salvini mentioned, Water Sprite and Frogbit are good; these two along with the Water Lettuce are more substantial, which means less "mess" but excellent water quality and shading.

I really like water sprite, but my first knee jerk reaction to the OP post was/is Guppy Grass.
What is guppy grass?

Not one I’ve heard off so guess it’s Google time :lol:

Is this the 10 gallon tank mentioned in other threads?

I like red root floater for small tanks. I have this in my shrimp tank. It looks similar to Salvinia, but reddish.

I started off with hornwort. It's like the weed of the aquatic plant family :) It keeps growing and growing, it floats but you can also put weights on it to have some near the bottom for the fry.

Attachments

• hornwort-aquarium-plant.jpg
    hornwort-aquarium-plant.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 17

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back