I want a new tank but don't know how big I want it

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Daveo

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I want another tank but not sure how big I want it so Could you tell me about your big tank and how big it is and how much you really like it. Oh and if you have the ability a picture would be really nice. 8) ,
Thank You

Daveo :flex:

well I don't have a large aquarium, but I'd say go with the biggest you can afford and fit in your house.

Linda

I have a 50G tank which is fairly big to me i guess as all my other tanks are under 15G.

I house some catfish, rainbow fish, clown loaches, plecs etc and they all get along great.

I think the best thing to do is get the BIGGEST tank you can afford. This means you have fewer restrictions and more possibilities. If you can afford a 120G tank I say go for it, just make sure you plan it all out before hand (getting it into the house, filling it up, decor etc.)

Ben

I have a 65 gallon tank, and it is good, but not good enough. Get the biggest tank you can afford.

I think everyone will ask you to get a bigger one over a smaller one :p

P.T.

I really want a 50,000,000,000,000,000 gallon tank but don't have the room :rofl: (just a 120 really, maybe bigger if posible). 8)

Daveo :flex:

You want it as big as possible. But remember to take your floor into account, big tank can weigh 1000+ pounds :/

so can 5 friends standing together. go with like a 240 you can keep most common fresh water fish in that.

opcn said:
so can 5 friends standing together. go with like a 240 you can keep most common fresh water fish in that.
If five people stood in the same spot in my house for years and years I guarantee the floor would fall through.

tstenback said:
How big are your friends :lol:
Not as big as opcns apparently

Cos five of mine would weigh nearer 500 than 1000

but whatever :lol:

I'm just pointing out, I don't know how strong Daveo's floors are, and I don't want him to have a nasty surprise :crazy: I've seen posts on this very forum where people have set up a 75g and noticed it getting slowly more and more lopsided.... :unsure:

Another thing to consider with the big tanks is how level your floor is. A small tank, like a 10 gallon, can be quite lopsided with no problem, but the bigger the tank is, the more critical that factor becomes. -_-

Most reactions

Back