I want a crazy looking fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hollywoodH

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello peeps. I am after a crazy oddball fish as i have had to take back my butterfly fish to the LFS due to my other tank mates. I have a 45 gallon tank with the following in:
1x apistograma cactuides
1x geophegus brackensis
2x Nichols Mouthbreeder 1 male 1 female
1 Ancistros Pleco (i think)
1x Bristlenose
2x Kribensis

I also have two silver dollars that are going back to the LFS because they are now Huge unless anyone on here wants them.

What Oddballs can I get its just I like the crazy fish but that are not either going to kill my current fish or get killed.

Cheers Peeps

i would like an active one but If its crazy enough (the sort of thing people look at and think are ugly i love) I would have anything i am after something different

Oh and thanks to cm i believe the geophegus is a brasiliensis

17182383.jpg

the pic above is of my p.senegalus(left)and my african ropefish,they are very active and fun to watch,they also grow close to 2ft.

one thing you should know about oddball fish is their potential size,most "oddballs"grow very large and some are extremely predatory.
the fish above can eat feeder fish just as easy as my green terror (feeders not recommended ;) )

i'll look around for any that may work in your tank :thumbs:

Go into members pics and have a look at my goby dragon - he's so ugly that he's gorgeous :wub: :wub:

saw a weird one in my lfs I think they called it a Rock Fish.

I'll try to find a picture unless someone beats me to it :D

Hey Punk - you got a piccy of my goby eel - I got 2 of them - really great, friendly and I :wub: em.

Hey, if you're still trying to get rid of the Silver Dollars, I'd gladly take them :D I currently have 2 male Silver Dollars in my 55 gallon tank, and have been trying to get more, but the local showing of them is very poor quality. Some of them look like they've had all their shini-ness flake off, very discouraging.

sorry mate they are gone i now have a malawi setup and shipping to the states would probably make them loose their quality as well lol. There is loads on offer over here though

That's ok, figured it was worth a try. :D Thanks for replying. How's the malawi working out? Is it the oddball fish you were hoping for?

The Malawi's are quality i only have 10 in there at the moment with two bristlenoses and my blue crayfish. I have loads of hiding places so they all seem really happy and they love their seaweed.

The crayfish (keith named after my father in law) I went into a new lfs and saw him and just wanted him. So i watched him for a hour while trying to decide then spoke to them and another fish store to get advice. He will try and have a nip if they come for him but they generally leave him be. He is so funny to watch. I put in the tank a 3 inch x 2 inch bit of seaweed for the cichlids and after about 5 mins he comes scuttling out from his cave pics it up in his claws and drags it to another cave and tried to hide it. It did not take long for the fish to find it and take it back though.

Most reactions

Back