I,ve lost a tiger barb

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

aquamanis

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Last night while doing a headcount I noticed there were only 5 TBs, one was missing. I looked everywhere, removed the stones, looked behind the plants no TB. He wasn,t sick and I,m sure he was there in the morning. I have glass covers over the tank so theres only about 2x 1 inch gaps in the top. I am bewildered as to where he could have gone!

:blink: I hope you find him. That is so weird. Could he have managed to get out of the small gaps in the hood?

I just bought tiger barbs but don't know a whole lot about them yet.
Keep us posted, Good luck

I am sorry you lost the TB, I hate to ask but did you check your filter? I lost one of my Albino Tigers & he got sucked into the filter. It wasn't pretty. :(

I found my tigerbarb but I,m afraid its bad news. The poor little fellow must have got trapped inside a sea shell. I thought he was in there the night before because the TBs were all pointing to the shell. I took it out and washed it out under the sink but there was no fish I could see in there. Then last night the tigers were still pointing to the shell so I took it out again and washed it out and this time the little fellow fell out. Needless to say I,ve ditched the shell. Poor little guy he must have been horrified being trapped like that. RIP.

I am sorry to hear about your Tiger. I really like mine & they are my favorites. Mine are still young. I hope they are with me for a while. Once again my condolences. :(

Sorry to learn about your fish, Aquamanis. :(

It's hard enough to lose a fish to a disease, but that can be understood. It's even worse when something unexpected like that happens.

So sorry about your fish. I seem to lose fish all the time. I couldnt find 2 of my cherry barbs for a week or more. I thoroughly cleaned the tank the other day and that night I was watching the tank. My husband said -did you go get 2 new cherry barbs? There they were. God only knows where they had been hiding!!
Deb

Most reactions

Back