I Thought My Severum Was A Goner.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Reaction score
I have had my 100gal set up for 3 years now I think. I have my pet a male green Severum that I got as a 1" baby that had ich. He is almost 5 years old 8" big now. He has always been healthy and active he would rule the tank.

Last month I thought I was going to lose him. He was acting shy and would hang out right next to the heater. He was looking sick and his skin started to get milky and slimy looking. It got so bad that he had an open sore. I was not sure I could save him but I tried.

I turned the heat up to 78f I did a big water change of 70% and added salt. This salt bath did not seem to help I tried for a week. I did a few more water changes but nothing changes. Then I did a 90% wc and scrapped the algae off all the walls I also treated the tank with prazipro this time. I did another 90% wc a week later. I am happy to say my Severum nip is on his way to a full recovery. His skin cleared up he is no longer shy and no longer stays next to the heater.

I am not sure exactly what he had but I am very happy that he is doing well. I did not dump a bunch of stuff in my tank to fix him. I did one thing at a time till I found what worked.

I am just really happy my old friend is doing well and I regret now getting before and after photos. Just wanted to share my sucsess storie with some fish nerds.

Very cool that he's ok and good work on not using a bunch of weird chemicals :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back