I think my fishless cycle is doomed!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

yes better to be cautious, I tend to does prime just before the 48 hour period, from what Iā€™ve read itā€™s hard to overdose prime but it is possible, my way of thinking was that if itā€™s being dosed every 24 hours for x amount of time wouldnā€™t that be a form of overdosing?

Happy day Slappy...its sorta how we roll over in Flori-duh...random acts of kindness, senseless acts of beauty...we even have a whole social phenomena and a coloring book named after my fellow men here in the state: https://floridaman.com/

I figure if someone can throw an alligator into a drive-thru window at Wendy's, the least I can do is share some plants.

Happy day...every couple of weeks I throw out a pretty big pile of floating plants, some moss and other vegetable matter. If you send me a private message with your address, I'll send you a pile of plants via priority mail for free. Just toss them in the tank, they'll have some beneficial bacteria to help things along and it'll speed this up a bit. It is possible that the plants are infused with the Happy Day virus, which simply can't be helped. :)
Would you really?

Happy day Slappy...its sorta how we roll over in Flori-duh...random acts of kindness, senseless acts of beauty...we even have a whole social phenomena and a coloring book named after my fellow men here in the state: https://floridaman.com/

I figure if someone can throw an alligator into a drive-thru window at Wendy's, the least I can do is share some plants.
I thought it was random acts of beauty, and senseless acts of kindness (?)
At any rate, my copy of the coloring book just shipped! Happy Day!

But their pH is above 7 (and I assume the tap water would rise to near 7.4 if left to stand for 24 hours)?

I didn't say not to dechlorinate, just that choosing Prime for the cycle would be counterintuitive as the OP has already spent a lot of time on this.

OP - can you test your tap water after you have left it standing for 24 hours so we know if it is raising due to gassing off, or if there is something in the tank increasing the pH?
It's from gassing off. The PH rose to 7

It's from gassing off. The PH rose to 7
Then I would proceed with emptying/refilling the tank, treat with Prime for the entire water volume amount, and start anew with a fresh cycle.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay
Back