FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Help the Ukraine
🇺🇦

My grandniece and some friends of her took the initiative to collect as many clothing as possible for the fugitives from the Ukraine
🇺🇦
So, I ran through my wardrobe this afternoon . And these clothes will be donated by me to those Ukrainians in need.
There are already a lot of Dutch households that offer space in their homes for those Ukrainians that fled from the Ukraine because of the senseless war.
This is not the place to have a full discussion about the war itself. But good deeds should be possible to discuss.275388528_1640648629619556_2710318614318752152_n.jpg275285753_1640648656286220_6163764143156857048_n.jpg275434316_1640648646286221_8565354393577697150_n.jpg
I support this great initiative ! Every kind of help is welcome…
🙏

My daughter asked me if we could house ukrainian refugees a couple weeks ago. I was so proud of her for asking. We are in the USA and the need for refugee housing here is not high but we are ready if needed. My ancestry is norwegian, german, and the UK, and you are right in the middle of the three. We are all connected in humanity and God bless you for what you are doing for those who are suffering inhumane actions. I wish I could do more than monetary donations.

My daughter asked me if we could house ukrainian refugees a couple weeks ago. I was so proud of her for asking. We are in the USA and the need for refugee housing here is not high but we are ready if needed. My ancestry is norwegian, german, and the UK, and you are right in the middle of the three. We are all connected in humanity and God bless you for what you are doing for those who are suffering inhumane actions. I wish I could do more than monetary donations.
You could go fight in ukraine

Thank you for your words...
Yes, we are indeed connected in humanity. My father was forced by the Indonesian government to fight the Japanese as just being a teenager. My mother was put in an orphanage and that was lead by nuns while she still had her father. Her mother died at the age of 29. Her father was in a Japanese prison camp as a prisoner of war. Nobody should suffer from the pain that war brings. That's why something inside me has the urge to help people in need.
My grandfather got so upset that a number of his grandsons (including myself) were drafted into military service. But at some point I didn't had to be drafted anymore for I've been an air force trainee for a serious period of time. And that was equated with military service. But my grandfather had still problems with that. It all reminded him of the time that he fought in the war and the period of time that he was a prisoner of war.
The war in the Ukraine has to stop. And I'm not against the people of Russia. But I am against the madness of Vladimir Poetin and his followers. The Russian people themselves do condemn the war that Poetin has started.
I have some acquaintances who live in the Ukraine. And fortunately, they could've saved themselves by fleeing to Hungary.
You could go fight in ukraine
People from outside the Ukraine who wants to fight along, need to have have battle skills. There are a lot of people who don't have those battle skills but volunteered to fight along, have been send back to their own country.

The council who owns my flat and the rest of the flats in my street have given over two of the flats for use by Ukraine refugees. I believe they have earmarked a total of twenty homes of various sizes for their use.

One couple moved into the block next to mine about 10 days ago, they are in their late 60's maybe. Lovely couple, born and had generations of their families in Kyiv and all of it gone.

They are settling in quite well, very unsure of their surroundings obviously and still quite fearful, especially if helicopters or aircraft overfly....which unfortunately is quite common since the USAF and RAF fly joint training sorties across our area, often with afterburners. We have explained to the couple that they are totally safe and that the planes are friendly and won't hurt them but the abject fear in their faces is very hard to watch.

They'll be OK though, the road we all live in is a very quiet and friendly cul-de-sac and neighbours will help them out with things. They just need time to adjust and settle.

Thank you for your words...
Yes, we are indeed connected in humanity. My father was forced by the Indonesian government to fight the Japanese as just being a teenager. My mother was put in an orphanage and that was lead by nuns while she still had her father. Her mother died at the age of 29. Her father was in a Japanese prison camp as a prisoner of war. Nobody should suffer from the pain that war brings. That's why something inside me has the urge to help people in need.
My grandfather got so upset that a number of his grandsons (including myself) were drafted into military service. But at some point I didn't had to be drafted anymore for I've been an air force trainee for a serious period of time. And that was equated with military service. But my grandfather had still problems with that. It all reminded him of the time that he fought in the war and the period of time that he was a prisoner of war.
The war in the Ukraine has to stop. And I'm not against the people of Russia. But I am against the madness of Vladimir Poetin and his followers. The Russian people themselves do condemn the war that Poetin has started.
I have some acquaintances who live in the Ukraine. And fortunately, they could've saved themselves by fleeing to Hungary.

People from outside the Ukraine who wants to fight along, need to have have battle skills. There are a lot of people who don't have those battle skills but volunteered to fight along, have been send back to their own country.
Hmm I didn’t know that. Interesting.

I have already fought in war for several years, if called to do it again I will but I cannot make that decision for myself at this time. I have great respect for those that can and do.
If called to defend my own country I would but I personally wouldn’t go and fight for another unless the US got involved. I have register for the draft this year and then if need be I would go as a medic.

A draft is highly unlikely to support a single conflict, a world war perhaps. Check out the Canadian ukraine Brigade if you haven't read about them, awesome story. Mostly Canadian exmilitary. Those guys were fantastic in the middle east, very skilled and well trained.

A draft is highly unlikely to support a single conflict, a world war perhaps. Check out the Canadian ukraine Brigade if you haven't read about them, awesome story. Mostly Canadian exmilitary. Those guys were fantastic in the middle east, very skilled and well trained.
I’ll check it out. From the way things are looking a world war is definitely not out of the question.

I watched an interview on DW with a foreigner who thought he should go fight in Ukraine and he advised against it. Said it was very dangerous and frightening. I believe him.
But as for donating clothes , those people have enough problems without having to wear my clothes.

But as for donating clothes , those people have enough problems without having to wear my clothes.
It's more for those people who fled and left everything behind. If I can contribute in any way, I will...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back