I Sold My 30 And Guess What ... Death

piranha_tim

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So I upgraded my fish from a 30 to a 75.

and sold the 30 to a friend.

The tank he had has 2 x 30 Gal HOB filters.

I haven't been able to see it myself but he claims that the

ammonia = 0
nitrite = 0
Ph = 7.6
and the temp was exactly 77F

He changed the water weekly and claims he measures the water condition right.

in the past 2 days he lost 2 angel fish.

1st he claims looked stuck on 1 of the fake plants. He tried freeing it and it died shortly afterwards.
He changed the water and everything seemed fine that night with the other fish other then seeming a little slow.

2nd he says the fish stays at the top of the tank all the time. but he is running 2 HOBs and it seems to be aggetating the water just fine.

He claims

the water stats are fine
the temp is perfect
the filters are only a month old
the water was changed
the fish where feed

He refused to get a water aggetator has he was positive the 2 HOBs where enough.

The tank was fresh water.

Is there anything else I could test for?
 
2 hob should be enough, what is the total tank stock? has he added any fish recently that could have been carrying a diesease? what is the nitrate level as that is important as well?
 
Well this is for curiousity as me and this person actually stopped talking because of this tank.

But here is the story.

Day 1
I bought 30 G tank
Immediately put on a Aquaclear 30

Day 7
Got new 75 running 1 x Aquaclear, 2 x 30 Filters from old tank

Day 28
Bought new Aquaclear 75
Gave tank to friend with everything minus substrate

Day 29
The 30 G tank is setup at friends with media taken from my 75 G

Day 30
Tests tank and claims stats are perfect (against my advice put 2 angel fish in)

Day 31 - 36
Claims he has been testing the tank daily for ammonia, nitrite and ph and its been perfect.

Day 37
Says 1 angel is showing signs of being stuck on a plant (described over the phone)
Frees the Angel immediately it hides.
about 5 hours later calls that 1 Angel died.
claims other seems fine.

Day 38
Claims fish is sitting at top of tank alot and hard breathing.
Fish dies later that evening.


thats all the information I have.

I know he wasn't testing for Nitrate.
 
Fighting shouldn't have been a problem with two, though I guess it's possible. They're usually peaceful in pairs, especially without tankmates. Fights usually break out when you have three and two pair off to mate.

Could have just been bad stock - most of the fish I've had die died within their first few days in quarantine. Angels can get caught on some plastic plants, it happened to one of mine once. He was able to free himself, though.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top