I really love my new albino paradise fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

daz69

Reaction score
Hello everyone merry christmas to you all :kana: :kana: :kana:

I hope someone out there has some good advice for me

Earlier this week i went to my lfs to purchase a few panda cory's for my tank but ened up making an impulse buy and also taking some 3 albino paradise fish

I only wanted a pair but being as there was only 1 left in the tank the nice assistant gave me the 3rd one for free :thumbs:

He told me that these fish have a slightly terratorial reputation but these fish had mixed with others and had been fine so i took a chance

Since then i have read articles that these fish are great community fish and others that say they can be a nightmare :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Can anyone tell me the truth, has anyone kept them before???????

ps, I have also read that males fight to the death in the much the same way as betta's, they do i tell if i have males from females??????????

Thanks in advance :D

I have one paradise gourami and he is a great fish! I have also read that they fight like bettas, but i think it might be avoidable if you tank is of a good size and if it is well planted. the way you tell male from female is that the males have bold stripes and have pointed fins, females tend to have dull colors and have rounder fins. when i first got mine he was pretty dull but once he got adapted to his tank his colors started to come out and now theres no quetion that hes a male.

Thanks for the advice

They do have very faint stripes so im guesing that means they might be female as they are not very defined

Im not sure about whether they have pointy fins or not

What fins am ilooking at?????

Most reactions

Back