I own 6 guppies 4 turned yellow/orange at its gravid spot

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If the gravid spots were darker before you noticed they changed colour, Chances are they have dropped fry somewhere.
Also in a lighter coloured Guppy like Blonde,Yellow The gravid spots are slighter lighter

If the gravid spots were darker before you noticed they changed colour, Chances are they have dropped fry somewhere.
Also in a lighter coloured Guppy like Blonde,Yellow The gravid spots are slighter lighter
Well, most grey and bronze bodied female guppies will have adark gravid spot. Blonde bodied females have a light colored yellowish-oorange gravid spot which becomes a slightly darker when they were fertilized by a blonde based male. If a blonde female is fertilized by a grey, asian blau or bronze bodied male, the gravid spot of a blonde bodied female will turn really dark as well when she's pregnant.

Emeraldking thats very interesting
I had the same concern with my Blonde Guppy, She was a slight orange colour in the gravid area but closer to birth she was a lot darker, Although didnt seem to be as dark as the other females,Also she was more rounder during pregnancy but gave birth to the least fry

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back