I need to identify this snail.. help!

ArmatureFishKeeper

New Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
United Kingdom
I have a small 30ltr tank for fry. It contains multiple fry of many species, three oto bottom feeders and two snails to be able to maintain itself efficiently. Recently I’ve added two new plants. Anyway, there are a lot of small snail appearing and I mean.. a lot. There are eggs everywhere which look like snail eggs.

Can anyone identify what they are?
 

Attachments

  • BAEE5FFD-87BD-4807-A701-0FBF6C5BFC11.webp
    BAEE5FFD-87BD-4807-A701-0FBF6C5BFC11.webp
    88.5 KB · Views: 212
  • A503F5B6-2824-454E-901D-9F9F0BF928F0.webp
    A503F5B6-2824-454E-901D-9F9F0BF928F0.webp
    91.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 73417507-1106-4317-8B2B-3B34AD83BFCE.webp
    73417507-1106-4317-8B2B-3B34AD83BFCE.webp
    266.3 KB · Views: 138
  • B76FD377-418C-42A4-AAB9-73EF38BA6819.webp
    B76FD377-418C-42A4-AAB9-73EF38BA6819.webp
    81 KB · Views: 186
Bladder snails, very common, and breed prolifically
 
There is information of them in this thread - look at physid snails.
 
yeah the cute lil bladder snails wont hurt plants, clean up gunk, but also have bioload
 
If you don't want them, I would suggest scraping off the eggs and picking out any adults you see. Whenever there is food for them to eat, they will breed. You can also cut back on the amount of food you feed, or pull out uneaten food.
A lot of people do a bleach dip (a small amount of bleach with water in a bucket, then rinse under the tap) before putting their plants into an aquarium. Or you can qt your plants.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top