I Need Some Stocking Advice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigTuna

Fishaholic
Reaction score
First of all, please don't go by my signature for my stocking info, it badly needs updating. I am thinking about moving around some fish to my relatives tanks, but the fish that I will not give away are:

Bala
Black Banded Leporinus
petricola Catfish
multipunctata Catfish
Sterbai Corys
Albino Longfin Bristlenose Plec

These are my favorites, and will not rehome, others I can without feeling too bad.

My goal is to have cichlids, and to get Electric Blue Rams again.

My thinking all along has been that cichlids can other be with cichlids, but recently at two separate fish stores I was told that there are certain cichlids that can be stocked with the fish I've mentioned above. I just have to be cautious of which ones. Is this true? If I am able to get cichlids, I am going to go this route. If not, I am going to just keep my current stock.

Thanks

Bala as in Bala/Silver Shark, that reach ~40cm and need something like a 12x3x3 in a group 10+?

Cichlid wise, your "weakest link" in that fish list is your Sterbai, while realistically limits you to relatively well behaved dwarf cichlids... Apistogramma; Keyholes; Bolivian Rams etc. (not Kribs).

Thanks for your reply. If I understand you correctly you are saying I need 10+ Balas??? seems like a lot in a 125G tank...

So it sounds to me like it probably not a great idea to even go with well behaved dwarfs? I would still be running the risk of stressful aggression?

Most reactions

Back