I Need A Cover Glass?

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
438
Points
83
Location
Wirral UK
My 60x30x24 tank does not have a cover glass only a wooden hood and that is deteriorating with damp!

Obviously I need two pieces of 30x30 glass but what mm do I need to order it in and do I ask to have polished edges? any ideas on what this would cost? thanks
 
My 60x30x24 tank does not have a cover glass only a wooden hood and that is deteriorating with damp!

Obviously I need two pieces of 30x30 glass but what mm do I need to order it in and do I ask to have polished edges? any ideas on what this would cost? thanks

does it have to be glass ?? almost every lfs sell condensation trays that are plastic, often used in clearseal tanks as theyre hoods are add ons and have no built in defence theyere about £3 / £4 per tray and may even do one in the size you need without buying two.

LOOK HERE

is this any use to you at all ??
 
I never even considered plastic was blinkered with glass!!!

I'll have a look in lfs today, cheers
 
I use 3mm perspex sheet to cover most my tanks, 1) because i'm a clumsy git and i'm very likely to smash glass when removing it to get access to the tanks, and 2) because large fish might smash the glass if they jump against it.

I buy my perspex sheets from Screwfix.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top